1g or 2g buying advice and help please

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by saladdodger, Oct 18, 2008.

1. saladdodger macrumors newbie

hi and thanks in advance for any help and advice

i am looking to upgrade from a 80gb classic to a ipod touch either 1g as its a bit cheaper or the 2g as it looks a bit nicer with external control but money will not decide which i go for just some answers to these Qs.

1. will the 2g charge on my audi fitted car stereo cable or even work for audio only if no to this i trust the 1g will work fine?

2. apart from cosmetic changes and speaker and controls does the 2g do anything different to the 1g if the 1g had the latest firmware

3. is the build quality any better on the 2g or are they both well built items

4. what would you get even if there is a charging issue in car.

5. do all apps and games work on both models ?

many thanks

2. deorg macrumors 6502

deorg

1st, Yes it will work fine, the headmount has not been altered., if you use only the headphones conector.
    2nd external Volume rocker switch and spkears, better battery life.
    3rd In my opinion the non plastic fiinish in the Latest one its a nice, but it will scratch so quick.
    4 IF YOU PLAN TO USE THE DOCK IT WONT CHARGE, the apple B"·%"·ches change the voltage, and little old me with my apple hi fi cant chage this little old ipod touch 2g. I bought the new dock so it would charge in my car and I absolutly bitch about it for days.
    5 all aps work the same.

:)

3. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F138 Safari/525.20)

#2: Nike+ built in (via a chip that could be capable of bluetooth and recieving FM radio) and you can hook up a headset to use as a microphone for recording apps.

#5: Microphone utilizing apps.

4. saladdodger thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the replys its mainly the ipod cable on my car which is the the dock type end on it that causes me worries over charging in car