Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apachie2k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2006
was NYC...now MIAMI
i saw this in my about this mac because i was thinking about upgrading.... is this normal?

Picture1.png

apachie2k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2006
was NYC...now MIAMI
i jsut restarted and still nothing! i don't know what happned... this is crazy, the computer isn't that slow though, i'm typing on it... i guess i'll hit up the apple store later

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I've seen several reports about this, but it doesn't seem to be a significant issue...performance seems to be fine. I don't think I've seen a solution for it, and people have tried a lot of things: reinstalling updates, repairing permissions, zapping PRAM, reseating RAM, restarting, etc.

I guess I'd just recommend not worrying about it. :shrug:

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
The address and everything for the RAM is fine, just part of the identifier is not functional. The only thing it's really going to do is freaking people out. What does it say when you go into system profiler?

TimJim

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2007
The address and everything for the RAM is fine, just part of the identifier is not functional. The only thing it's really going to do is freaking people out. What does it say when you go into system profiler?

667 mhz
its fine. my MCP has said that it has 0 in 'About This Mac' since i got it

apachie2k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2006
was NYC...now MIAMI
UPDATE pt 1

i went to the apple store yesterday, and the lady who was helping me had to idea what to make of it... the reason why i looked in the first place was becuase i noticed my computer slowing down... i thought it was wierd that my ram clocked in at 0 MHz. So I went in, and tried a whole bunch of different things, using different ram, using her mac os x through external hd...all with the same result... So to fix my problem they are going to replace my logic board, all under waranty, so we'll see what happens... I'm supposed to pick it up today, i'm waiting for a phone call...

apachie2k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2006
was NYC...now MIAMI
UPDATE pt 2

ok so they fixed it somehow...
Picture2.png

they left a CD in there... a burned CD titled ASD ...

i'm happy now... my computer is still kinda slow, it isn't snappy like it used to be...

does anyone know any quick things i can do... and does anyone know what they do at mac when you scheudal a tune up at the apple store?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.