1Keyboard to rule them all!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eyalw, Jul 4, 2013.

1. eyalw macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

1Keyboard for Mac

Type on your iPhone/iPad/AppleTV using your Mac

Turn your Mac into a Bluetooth keyboard that works with all of your devices,
    comfortably type on your iPhone, iPad, Apple TV or game console.

** Text much faster on your phone **
    ** Easily edit long documents on your tablet **
    ** Control your 2nd laptop/desktop **
    ** Remote control your iPod player **
    ** Save money on buying multiple keyboards **
    ** Avoid cluttering your workspace **

http://www.eyalw.com/1keyboard

~ Any feedback would be greatly appreciated ~

2. clukas macrumors 6502a

clukas

3. cowpaintings macrumors member

Besides the obvious spamming, this is an incredibly useless app. Logitech already has a great solution with a full size bluetooth keyboard that can quickly and easily switch between devices without cumbersome software.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/illuminated-keyboard-for-mac-ipad-iphone?crid=26

Sure, $6.99 is cheaper than $99.99, but seriously-you lost me at "delicious graphics". That description is cheesier than a mozzarella stick laced with brie and ex-wife jokes from the 80's.

4. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

ROFL!!! Funny line. Best thing I've read around here in a long time :D

5. flynz4 macrumors 68040

I have a few questions... and your web site seems light on answers.

Currently, I use an iMac at home in a dual screen (ATD) configuration.

Sometimes I disconnect my ATD from my iMac, and instead attach it to my MBA. I do this because my MBA is my only computer that connects into my corporate environment. When I do this... I use a second BT keyboard/BT Magic Mouse/ BT Magic Trackpad. I essentially then have two monitors side by side. One is my personal iMac, and the second is my corporate MBA. I have two sets of peripherals (6 total).

I would prefer to NOT have the second set of peripherals on my desk.

My assumption is that all 3 of these devices which are already connected to my iMac would then be able to be shared, via a single BT connection between my iMac and MBA... to essentially let my MBA use those three device. Hence... I could decommission my 2nd set of KBD/Mouse/Trackpad.

Here are my questions:

1. Does it work with all 3 devices (Kbd/Mouse/Trackpad)? Your site only mentions Kbd/Mouse
    2. Do all 3 devices move over to the 2nd computer as a set. I would not want manually select each device and move it independently.
    3. What is the process to switch the peripherals between the two computers. Is it a simple hotkey... is is somehow more complicated?
    4. When I am at work (in my corporate office)... my corporate MBA attaches to a different set of KBD/Mouse/Trackpad that stays in the office. Does your application restrict me from using other wireless KBD/Mouse/Trackpads as well as your app.
    5. What is the process to remove your app if I am not satisfied?
    6. Does your app have some type of process that continuously runs in the background... or is it only active when activated?

I think that is it for now. I look forward to your responses.

/Jim

----------

I guess that is fine if you only want a keyboard. This application *might* also support mouse and trackpad as well.

I am not endorsing this software... I am just trying to determine if it can reliably let me take 3 peripherals off of my desktop.

/Jim

6. eyalw thread starter macrumors newbie

1. it works with the devices stated: keyboard+mice. no trackpad.
    2. you have to select a device with a shortcut to use it. could be confusing to type on two devices simultaneously - writing a document here and excidently sending a facebook status there.
    3. as stated on the website - shortcut keys are available.
    4. no.. use whatever keyboard/mice you want.
    5. simply delete it. it installs nothing on your system.
    6. Only active when you run it. when you quit, it is completely shutdown.

hope this answers you questions.

7. flynz4, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013

flynz4 macrumors 68040

Eyal,

Thanks for the note. Do you have plans to increase support to include all 3 peripherals... KBD, Mouse, Trackpad? Without all 3 for me... it is a non-starter.

On item #2... I think you mis-interpeted what I meant by "device". What I meant was "peripheral".

When I hotkey to move my "peripherals" to my MBA... I would like all of my "peripherals" to move in unison... rather than having them move independently.

So in summary, what I would like is for your program to support Kbd/Mouse/trackpad... and when I hotkey to a different "device" (my MBA)... then I would like all 3 peripherals to move in unison.

I look forward to your reply.

/Jim

8. dqpassat macrumors regular

I just tried the demo. It actually works very well switching back and forth between Mac and iPhone.

The question is how often would I use this??

Congratulations on this nifty, little utility. :)