1Password 4 Won't sync via iCloud

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Tknull, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Tknull macrumors regular

When i turn on the toggle for sync via iCloud, it starts the progess bar (see image below)... but just sits there. Never goes further. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app, still hangs same spot. I've tried turning off and back on syncing via the iPad (where I entered all of the data).. and still the same.
    Help!

Attached Files:

2. AGKyle macrumors 6502

Try turning iCloud syncing off in the Settings->iCloud->Documents & Data area

Restart your iOS device, then turn it back on. Let sit for about 20 minutes. Then try syncing in 1Password again.

iCloud is a fickle beast. It sometimes kicks and screams before you get it working properly. Most users have no issues, but those that do tend to want to kick and scream too :)

If that doesn't help, do contact us via the link I have in my signature. We'll be happy to help further in an area we can more actively monitor.

While I wish we could monitor MacRumors every day, it just isn't feasible.

3. Tknull thread starter macrumors regular

I've tried this several times, and still hangs same spot. I emailed support several days ago, and again today... hopefully can get some help with this soon. Very frustrating, as I can't get the stuff transferred over to the iPhone.

----------

p.s. I turned off cloud syncing on both devices, and turned on dropbox syncing. Both say that they successfully synced to dropbox. However, the iPhone still does not have all of the data entered into the iPad app. It has only a couple items, whereas the iPad has some 50ish. So something weird is going on.

4. AGKyle macrumors 6502

Please PM me your email so I can look it up in our support system and take a look.

5. Razeus macrumors 601

6. Tknull thread starter macrumors regular

Tried dropbox and its not syncing for me either. Or rather... it says it synced, but my iPhone only has 8 items... iPad has 50.

7. AGKyle macrumors 6502

PM sent, and email sent from our support system. Lets move this discussion to the support email since it's very likely a configuration issue present in your particular configuration. It happens, but we just have to hunt down what the issue is and then we can fix it. I'll be keeping an eye open for any replies from you today in our support queue.

8. dazed macrumors 6502a

This happened to me too. Have you also tried deleting/reinstalling the app on the device that's not syncing?

I also found it took a day for iCloud to get its act together. Now it's all working fine.