1Password 7 Will Support Individual Vaults

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Traverse, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Traverse, Aug 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2017

Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

i know there has been a lot of concern over 1Password's aggressive push towards the subscription and sync services. I was worried because I just bought the mac and iOS version this year.

I bought it specifically because I could sync over a local network and never leave this data on another server.

Thankfully, according to this post, version 6 will continue to support it as will the upcoming version 7. Hopefully these versions will last for many years.

Version 6 had me anxious because I know Apple is making many under-the-good changes and I'd hate for something to break, but version 7 should be good for many updates to come.

Why do you think?

2. CatalinApple, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017

CatalinApple macrumors member

CatalinApple

1Password 7 for Windows will support individual vaults too. They just announced this on their blog. https://blog.agilebits.com/2017/08/01/1password-6-7-for-windows-a-feature-buffet

I think they realized they need both models: individual memberships and standalone versions to keep everyone happy, which in my opinion is the best solution for everyone. Simply choose what fits best for your needs.