1password alternatives

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by tbluhp, Mar 13, 2011.

1. tbluhp macrumors 6502a

what are some good 1password alternatives that won't cost allot or have yearly subscription like lastpass?

2. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

My Eyes Only [app]My Eyes Only[/app] is an excellent alternative. There is a lite/free version for you to try first.
    I have them both and do prefer 1password as it is easier to set up.

If you're not in a hurry MEO does go on sale every now and then.

3. Bathplug macrumors 6502a

1password pro is on sale right now. I think you can use a safari bookmarklet with keypass

4. kRobbin macrumors member

kRobbin

I use Ascendo Datavault on my iPhone, iPad, Mac & PC. I really appreciate the ability to sync over wifi & Box.net (free alternative to Mobile Me). It also has flexible templates, full length master password & lots more. Price is reasonable & no subscription.

5. IceMacMac macrumors 6502

Maybe it's just me but I'm really cautious about the credibility of companies that handle virus protection and password management.

6. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

[app]mSecure[/app] is a great basic alternative, and it allows you to back up either to a desktop via Wi-Fi or send yourself an encrypted email back up.

7. DotCom2 macrumors 68030

Hands down Data Vault by Ascendo is the BEST!
    I've used both 1 Password Pro and Data Vault and DV is just so much more customizable and easy to use. I sync wirelessly between PC, iPhone and iPad.
    Works like a charm! It has templates that you can use and are also customizable to your specific needs. I was using both apps for a while just as a sort of backup of one to another, but I have now completely abandoned 1 Password. 1Password works well, don't get me wrong but I find the ease of use in DV to just be so much better.

8. Keleko macrumors 68000

I still use 1Password. The integration with DropBox makes the sync automatic. I'd forget to update between my iPhone and Mac, but with DropBox I don't have to even think about it.

9. tbluhp thread starter macrumors 6502a

datavalut is one of the best password managers out there. Not only dose it wifi sync but has many other cloud base sync options to use. I give this a 10 out of 10 :)