1password anyone?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by glowrider, Apr 3, 2010.

1. glowrider macrumors regular

I'm finding 1password isn't syncing correctly - let it run for 15 minutes and nada. Should take about 45 seconds.

Anyone else using it and having problems?

2. Timothy macrumors 6502

If it's like the iPhone version, try quitting the desktop application and restarting it.

3. MikhailT macrumors 601

You need to download the 1Password 3.1 Beta, just enable Beta downloads in the perferences.

4. glowrider thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks - I forgot I turned off beta upgrades. Seems to have some progress now.

5. Timothy macrumors 6502

Thanks for that tip! I'd likely have spent a while trying to figure that out today. :)

6. glowrider thread starter macrumors regular

Needed an extra restart but now I'm posting this from inside the 1password browser.

So weird with the keyboard. I'm digging it. Thanks.

7. Timothy macrumors 6502

NOTE!!!!

If you already own 1Password Pro for the iPhone, do NOT buy the iPassword for iPad. The Pro version for iPhone will be updated shortly as a universal app that will work on both.

I made the mistake of buying the iPad version this morning when I didn't see an update to the pro phone version. Damn!

8. MikhailT macrumors 601

Contact the iTunes support for a refund, they'll give you the money back. You're not the first one, they'll know why.

9. RobertLT macrumors newbie

FYI, I was in the line at the Oak Orchard Apple Store (Skokie, IL) this morning and a 1Password employee was also in line. He mentioned that the company would probably do some sort of reimbursement to its Pro users. I'm not speaking for the company...but I thought I would pass on what I heard.

10. glowrider thread starter macrumors regular

A nice rep from the itunes store offered a 'one time refund' for 1password for me. Said it will post in 3-5 days.

11. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Cool Beans, I'm waiting on the 3G so hopefully Pro will be updated before then.

12. RebelRed macrumors member

I bought the iPad version today. Went to sync with my Mac and it hung there forever.

However, I just restarted everything and it synced in seconds. Works like a charm. :)

Well worth the cash.

13. MikhailT macrumors 601

1PW 3.1 Final just released, update it for the iPad compatibility.

14. Timothy macrumors 6502

I received the same message from Apple. Glad it will work out.

15. Uabcar macrumors 6502

just upgraded to the new universal version

I don't have the mac desktop version of the program- just the iphone app. Is there any way to get my iPhone's 1password file onto my iPad w/o the full mac desktop program?

16. MikhailT macrumors 601

1Password Pro 3.0 update has been posted to the iTunes Store. This is the universal build for both iPhone/iPad.

17. stampar macrumors newbie

1Password sync w/Keychain

I am new to this app and according to it's Help: in Preferences I need to Click on the Keychain tab and click the Switch to Agile Keychain Format button
    However I do not have a Keychain tab in Preferences, but a Security tab instead.
    What am I missing?

18. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Just a question. Do you find 1Password for iPad to be useful? I have the Safari plugin on my iMac, use it every day, and absolutely love it. However, for seven dollars and no direct connect to safari, is it worth the money?

19. IronLogik macrumors 6502

It has a built in browser. So if you need to load up a site it will auto fill when you use the app. I use it for anything involving complex passwords. Do note that it is somewhat buggy right now for me. I've had it crash several times, i think the crash reports have been sent so hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

But I got it as part of 1Password Pro so I didn't pay. I'd say it's worth getting the iPhone/iPad app if you think you'd use it.

20. jtara macrumors 65816

I prefer Lastpass. It's cross-platform - I use it on Linux, Windows, and OSX. Plus an iPhone app. Never had any issue with sync. It's primarily a browser plugin tied to a cloud service, but it does leave a local encrypted file (in case of network failure, the company goes belly-up, etc.) and their are "portable" non-browser-based versions for each platform as backup. It uses the local file if there is no network connectivity, plus you can use the stand-alone versions. The UI is, lets just say "non-optimal".

FWIW I used to use Password Safe, but it's less convenient without a browser plugin, and the non-Windows implementations are rough. Tried KeePass but was won-over by the ease of use of a browser plugin.

21. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I do use the iPhone app, but I don't believe I paid for it so it was more worth it to me. Shelling out $7 though, I'm not sure about. We'll see. Thanks for the help.

22. IronLogik macrumors 6502

Do realize that the $7 price is going to go up. it's an introductory price.

23. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Oh the decisions to make. I'm not even sure I'm gonna end up with an iPad...I'll suck it up. $7 isn't too bad, and I have been very pleased with their product. See what time constraints do!

24. H00513R macrumors 6502a

H00513R

I bought it for my iPad as I use it on my iMac. Seems to work okay so far, but it's been hard to get into some sites. Overall though it's worked pretty well. Syncing was easy. Seems to time out really quick and if you hit Home then you have to re-open the program which is a little annoying.