Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Railrider

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2008
Sorry. I still ain't gettin' it. How would I go to a site, browse around, then select the login from my keyhole.

The idea is that you already know what sites you visit and what your username and passwords are for those sites. That's what you put in the 1password for iPhone app and you use it to quickly log-in to those sites.

Mac In School

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2007
Right. I get that part. What I'm wondering about...

Let's say I want some new foam tips from ComplyFoam.com. As you can see from their home page, there is no "Login" option.

To "log in", you need to browse to the tips you want to buy, add them to your shopping cart, and then click "check out". Then, and only then, are you presented with a place to enter your username and password.

Does 1Password for the iPhone offer a way to facilitate this?

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
Right. I get that part. What I'm wondering about...

Let's say I want some new foam tips from ComplyFoam.com. As you can see from their home page, there is no "Login" option.

To "log in", you need to browse to the tips you want to buy, add them to your shopping cart, and then click "check out". Then, and only then, are you presented with a place to enter your username and password.

Does 1Password for the iPhone offer a way to facilitate this?

Yes. If you add an entry for ComplyFoam into 1Password, you can use the home page URL. When you get to the check out page, 1Password will fill in your account login data.

The problem I've had is that some sites don't load at all in 1Password on the iPhone, even though the URL is correct. Also, the user name and password for some sites aren't entered completely - on amazon.com, for example, 1Password only fills in my password, not my email/user name.

I understand that Apple's SDK constraints make it impossible for 1Password to pass data to Safari, so the developers have essentially built a browser into 1Password. I've never used the bookmarklet method, but I can see why people would be asking that it be reinstated, even at the risk of lower security for some sites.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
I agree 100%. I have also been using it on my mac for ages and I love it -- and I also don't get this new app at all. It is just rather silly for all the reasons mentioned by TitoC.

That's a harsh characterization. Even without the ability to save and automatically enter Web logins, 1Password would be useful to securely store data such as account numbers, access codes, and such on my iPhone. There are several iPhone apps that do this, but it's 1Password's integration with the desktop that makes it so attractive.

chrisgeleven

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2002
1.2 seems to be working well for me. Syncing works really well and the iPhone version doesn't lock up for me anymore.

I am seriously considering purchasing the desktop version. This program is light years better then the password application I currently use (Wallet).

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I must be doing something wrong. When I try to log onto a site it never fills in the login info. I can get a drop down menu with the password/username info but it won't actually put the info in the log in boxes. What am I missing?

hotsauce

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

Julien said:
I must be doing something wrong. When I try to log onto a site it never fills in the login info. I can get a drop down menu with the password/username info but it won't actually put the info in the log in boxes. What am I missing?

Same here. Also crashes at random moments.

Ol!ver

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2005
You know I thought I remembered it working for me before. The update fixed the crash bug but cases it to NOT work at all? I'd rather have the crash bug. So how are people using it now since it DOSN'T work?

I'm not using it at all. It's useless now.

techguy1

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2008
London
I almost bought this and then discovered the desktop is not available for Windows users !?

Any chance of a version coming for Windows ?

Railrider

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2008
I almost bought this and then discovered the desktop is not available for Windows users !?

Any chance of a version coming for Windows ?

It's free so you can try it without any commitment, but you'll want to wait for the next version that actually fills in the fields on websites. I'm not sure if they're ever going to build a Windows version of the desktop app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.