1password best way to automate all my password

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by al404, May 29, 2016.

1. al404 macrumors 6502

al404

As far as I know is not possible to sync apple Keychain with 1password
    What I need is to let 1 password to get my new and update Web password

I actually don't have 1pass mini open not sure if that would just be enough to let it save all my Web password

The other option could to find a way to read Keychain from Android but I guess that is not possible

2. Belgique macrumors member

Belgique

Does anything think that if Keychain were a good App...it would remember your passwords and insert them? I could not find a password Saturday and thought maybe Keychain had it....no....Keychain has lost all of my passwords...I have no idea why. I can tell you with Lastpass you will spend more time trying to figure out why it is dead than referring to a notebook where you have used a pen to record all your passwords.

3. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

al404, I think 1Password browser extension will take care of saving all your Web passwords.
    I use a different password manager, but it works the same way as 1Password.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I have used 1Password for a long time and love it
    Use it on my Macs, iPhone, iPad and my Windows computers as well
    Works ace

5. IHelpId10t5 macrumors 6502

1Password is absolutely an exceptional password manager that can save and fill passwords from any popular web browser. You simply need the 1Password installed and running in the background on your Mac and the Extension installed in your browser. Then, not only does 1Password ask to save any new passwords or password changes in the browser, but it also allows filling in passwords on any web page with a simple command-\ .

And lastly, 1Password offers several sync methods so your vault can be available on all of your devices.

I used the Apple keychain for years but have never looked back since moving to 1Password.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I also use 1Password across different platforms, imo, its the best app for this type of automation.

7. al404 thread starter macrumors 6502

al404

Ok already use one password but one password mini doesn't open at login not sure why.

Today I open it and keep asking me is has to save the password for a Web site login where I use multiple account.
    It doesn't sèm to have an option to disable password saving for some url

8. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

You need to launch the 1Password app and set it in the Preferences.
    Preferences>General
    Select "Always keep 1Password mini running"
    Select "Show mini app icon in the menu bar"

9. kiwipeso1 Suspended

kiwipeso1

You need to have 1password mini open to enter your passwords, it will save them if closed.
    Typically you have the extension in your browser and that handles passwords.

If you want to get passwords from Keychain to 1password, you will need to use your user account login password in keychain access, copy the revealed password to 1password mac, then transfer through 1password teams to 1password android.
    --- Post Merged, May 30, 2016 ---
    One password mini is required for the browser password service to autofill logins.
    You need to open one password app itself, and disable the specific website domain,
    under the preference panel for browsers below the tick for autosave option (text box for the domains to ignore.)

10. theluggage macrumors 68030

I think you need to install the 1Password extension in your web browser & turn off the browser's own Autofill:

https://support.1password.com/browser-extension/

11. kc2kth macrumors member

I've been using 1Password for a few years, originally I was an iPhone only user but now I use it on my Mac, iPad and iPhone. Continuously developed and improved, it's been a huge benefit for me. I don't know how I'd manage as many passwords as I have anymore without it.

12. al404 thread starter macrumors 6502

al404

I guess i got it to work deselecting and selecting again "Always keep 1Password mini running"

Hope they will add some checkbox to say at one password don't ask again for same domain

13. kiwipeso1 Suspended

kiwipeso1

--- Post Merged, Jun 1, 2016 ---
    See above for how to do that to one password.