1Password Demo mode

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by marty1990, Apr 10, 2016.

1. marty1990 macrumors 6502

Hey guys, on Android I used an app called BFolders for passwords, it's not available on iOS, and I've seen some threads on here saying how good 1Password is.

I paid for the 1Password app, then downloaded the Windows companion program, however, it says that after 30 days I need to pay for it as currently I'm on a demo account. I only used it to sync the old stuff over, but after the 30 days, will the software become obsolete until I purchase it, or will I still be able to simply sync?

What about the iOS app, I assume I can still use that and just sync to Dropbox/iCloud?

If not, I'll just pay for it, unless there are alternatives.

2. adam9c1 macrumors 65816

adam9c1

Good question. I think it will lock you out of your vault until you provide a key (serial number).

I have been using 1P for few years on iOS, Win, Mac all synced via a cloud service. Works great!

3. HenryAZ macrumors 6502

HenryAZ

I've used it for a number of years, but I cannot answer what will happen after demo mode expires, because I've always registered it. One small gripe I have about it is that each version (Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android) is a separate program with its own registration fee.

4. infantrytrophy macrumors regular

You might try the Agilebits support website (https://support.1password.com/) for clarification. I've been using 1PW for two Macs, 2 iPhones and 2 iPads for almost 3 years, and I don't remember the exact amount paid. It was well worth it, though - these are great apps. I have been happy that there was a 1-time payment, not a subscription.