1password - do I have to upgrade to iOS8 to sync all devices?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by kiranmk2, Dec 1, 2014.

1. kiranmk2 macrumors 6502a

kiranmk2

My iPhone 5s is on iOS 8.1.1 with 1password 5.1.2 and have noticed that new passwords are not syncing with my iPad 2 which is still on iOS 7.1.2 running 1Password 4.x. Does this mean I have to take the hit and upgrade to iOS 8 to get the syncing back?

2. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

It depends what you're using to sync. I am guessing it may be a problem if you use iCloud because the iCloud is different on iOS 7 and iOS 8.

I'm not 100% sure, but thru have their own forum too

https://discussions.agilebits.com

3. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

I believe if you are not on ios8 with all ios devices you have to use dropbox.

4. GerritV macrumors 65816

GerritV

+1 for Dropbox sync'ing.
    Furthermore, apps on your Mac will only use iCloud sync'ing when purchased on the App Store. So if you'd want 1Password4 (Mavericks) you'd have to get it from the AgileBits website - and so it won't use iCloud either.

5. Trahearne, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2014

Trahearne macrumors 6502

Well, Dropbox Sync, Folder Sync and Wifi Sync should always be there, no matter where the app is purchased. The MAS version however gains the capacity of CloudKit-based iCloud sync, whereas the AgileBit Webstore version no longer has the iCloud Sync because of the limitation of CloudKit deployment.
    -
    TL;DR: The old iCloud sync engine in 4.x is not compatible with the new engine in 5.x. So if you want to keep the different versions, or if you need to sync to non-Yosemite Macs, Windows and non-iOS phones, switching to Dropbox is the only choice. (Or else Wifi Sync, ehm).

6. AGKyle macrumors 6502

Hi there! If you're still having trouble please let me know via PM so we can get this figured out for you. I'd be happy to help!