1Password, eWallet, SafeWallet, SPB Wallet - which one???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gr4z, Nov 19, 2010.

1. gr4z macrumors regular

Hi
    I have used SPB Wallet when I was using Windows and now that I have moved to Mac I need a new password, financial encryption tool that *must* sync with my iPhone.

I notice 1Password is well regarded here but how does it fair with storing credit card, banking details etc? From what I gather its more for storing passwords only. eWallet, SafeWallet and SPB seem OK but have relatively new MacOS desktop clients.

Thanks for the advice.
    Cheers

2. yezza macrumors regular

I haven't used any of the apps you listed, however I use Moxier Wallet and can highly recommend it.

It can store your credit card and bank details etc very easily.

It has an in-app browser which allows you to easily copy/paste from a translucent drop down menu, saving you the hassle of typing the username and password. The clipboard is secure so that when you exit the app the password on the systems clipboard is cleared.

It can generate passwords for you, based on your requirements (length, upper/lower case, special characters etc).

It syncs perfectly between my iPhone, iPad, Mac Pro and work PC.

Add this app to your list of worthy contenders :)

3. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

1Password will hold credit card information and "identities" for autofilling online forms, as well as secure notes, software keys and the usual username and password stuff. Syncs very nicely with Dropbox.

Free trial available, so why not give it a try - I'd imagine that you can get free trials of the others too.

4. RemarkabLee macrumors 6502a

+1 for 1Password. Highly configurable and is updated regularly.

Works nicely with the 1Password iPhone App as well.

5. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Same here. I've been using 1Password for a while and from what I've found it's the best tool out there for your needs.

6. LApanic macrumors newbie

two thumbs up for 1password...I have it on two laptops and my iphone 4 and syncs nicely

7. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

1Password is the best for Mac, and soon for Windows too!

8. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Another vote for 1Password. Works very well on OS X and iOS. Also, I've had mine using Dropbox (you can access it from any internet enabled device) and it has yet to fail me.

9. Dias macrumors 6502

1Password here as well. I have it both on Mac and iPhone. I was a little bit angry with them for crappy Chrome extension, but few weeks ago or so they released a new version that does not suck. :cool:

10. Moomba macrumors regular

1password as well here. I couldn't live without it on my Mac. The 1password pro is great as it is a universal build for both iPhone and iPad. Personally I don't like/use the iPhone version much and opt for the iPad mostly, but that is also a general rule for me. I use my iPad about 90% more than iPhone.

11. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Can't live w/out my 120 passwords + w/ 1password.

12. Dias macrumors 6502

Btw, since I've started using 1Password I changed all my previous password to 20-characters long random generated alphanumeric nonsense. I can proudly say that I know none of my passwords! :D

That's why I carry around 1Password on my iPhone as well, just in case I need to access a public computer.

13. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

14. dknightd macrumors 6502

wow. 1password sounds great. Is it secure enough to never (or almost never) be hacked? I assume you need a password to unlock your passwords. So this would be a more flexible version of keychain? Have to look into this . . .

15. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

One more vote for 1Password. It offers a great wallet manager, where you can store web site passwords, credit card infos, account information, create secure notes and also keep your license infos all together in one place. Syncing is very easy by using Dropbox or the built in Wifi sync option. There is a great iPad client and an iPhone version too.
    1Password on the desktop offers integration with Safari, Chrome (still in beta) and Firefox.
    Highly recommended.

16. Mickyfin macrumors 6502

Mickyfin

Another vote for 1Password here, brilliant app, on both Mac, and iPhone. Also great support, and a very contactable company who listen, and always ready to help.

17. notatwork macrumors newbie

I bought a 1Password family license (as well as an iPhone license and Windows license, all using Dropbox syncing). I wouldn't want to go back to the old many password days... Highly recommended!

18. jamesdmc macrumors 6502

I'm working toward that same goal myself. Almost there.

19. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

I wouldn't do that for everything. There are still some accounts or websites, that I need to know their password. Especially when using my iPhone or ipad and want to enter the password. 1Password cannot enter the password automatically in iOS (that is a Safari limitation).

20. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

1password is fantastic, best bit of software ive ever bought

21. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

1Password.... plus the support from Agilewebsolutions is fantastic.

22. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

You'll fine lots of nice comments about 1Password in numerous threads here--it is a very popular and well regarded program for password management. I have it and rely on it for all my password management--on my Mac and on my iPhone with their 1Password app. :)

23. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

Yet another vote for 1Password. Have it on my MacBook and iPhone. Great place to store those PWs, my CC info, and I use it generating random PWs too!

24. TheDrift- macrumors 6502a

TheDrift-

I bought 1password about 3 hours ago, very easy to use and can see me using it all the time now.

It's already earned a place in my dock!

Btw enter the code iSlayer for some money off, think it's 20% or so

25. Dias macrumors 6502

I do copy&paste. Laborious, true, but good enough for few websites (but yeah, if I had to do it often I'd be annoyed).