1Password Export all files not working in Yosemite GM 3?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BasicGreatGuy, Oct 13, 2014.

1. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Has anyone else tried exporting all files to the desktop in 1Password and been successful? I have tried several times and each time it appears to lock up 1Password where I have to force quit. When I try to click the save button, nothing happens etc.

2. AGKyle macrumors 6502

Hey there. I don't have the latest GM installed, been too busy but I had a colleague test and he was unable to get the same behavior and everything worked fine for him.

What version of 1Password are you using on the Mac?

3. BasicGreatGuy, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014

BasicGreatGuy thread starter Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I am using 4.4.2

Edited to add: I just tried again (export all items) with the same results. I changed the long default file save name to 1password, left the tag option blank, save to desktop, file format .1pif The save button is blue but nothing happens when I click it. Also, the cancel button doesn't work either once I try this. I have to force quit 1Password to be able to use it again.

4. AGKyle macrumors 6502

You should upgrade to the beta which is compatible with Yosemite:

https://cache.agilebits.com/dist/1P/mac4/1Password-5.0.BETA-2.zip

Let me know if that helps get that working for you again.

5. BasicGreatGuy thread starter Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

6. AGKyle macrumors 6502

Anytime :)

7. BasicGreatGuy thread starter Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Kyle,
    I just noticed that the beta doesn't recognize that I have a valid license from the MAC for version 4. The beta is showing I have 30 days trial period. Is this an issue I need to worry about, or just wait for the final release?

8. AGKyle macrumors 6502

Do you have the Mac App Store version installed? It needs to be installed to check for the Mac App Store receipt for the application and then it should register the beta for you using that.

9. BasicGreatGuy, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014

BasicGreatGuy thread starter Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I originally had it installed and deleted it when I installed the beta. After seeing the license issue with the beta, I reinstalled ver. 4 from the MAS. Both are in my applications folder.

Edited to add: I just uninstalled and installed 1password 5 again. It synced fine but still shows in trial mode. I made sure to have ver 4 running as well.

10. AGKyle macrumors 6502

I'm not running the latest GM yet in VMware so I can't easily test this but I'll see if I can chat with a developer and look into this. We'll have released version 5 by the time your trial expires anyway. The trial should be good for 30 days. If it's still giving you trouble at the end of the 30 days let me know and I'll get it squared away for you. My name at company url.

11. BasicGreatGuy thread starter Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Thank you for the follow up, Kyle. If 1Password 5 will be released before the trial is over, that is fine. Everything appears to be working as it should now that I have the beta going.

12. AGKyle macrumors 6502

Assuming Yosemite is this month then you're set. It's mostly going to depend upon when Yosemite is released whether you see 1Password by the end of the trial. Either way I'll make sure you're taken care of, just let me know how I can help when you get to the end of the trial if things aren't working for you by then.