1Password for iOS 7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Jakimo, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Jakimo macrumors 6502

Much appreciation to Agile Solutions for releasing today an update with specific iOS 7 beta enhancements!

I was shocked to see them mention goodies for iOS 7 beta in the new release notes, the first one in the App Store to specifically address us crazies and developers.. :)

2. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

It will probably get a bit more popular, last year quite a lot of my apps had updates that were directed at beta devices (even if they tried to hide that in the update notes).

3. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Yep, these guys are great.

It will be interesting to see what happens when iCloud Keychain is unleashed upon us.

4. bankshot macrumors 65816

bankshot

Yelp mentioned iOS 7 in their update last week. ;)

Not seeing any 1Password update here. A little googling reveals that's because I have the old version, and apparently Agile decided to go against the spirit of the App Store (free app upgrades for life) by releasing the new version as a separate app, forcing users to pay up again. :( I didn't even know there was a new version out... (because, ya know, I usually assume the App Store would tell me when there's an update)

5. Jakimo thread starter macrumors 6502

That ain't right, sorry bro.

1Password has one of best and most helpful development teams out there. I didn't hesitate buying their new app on day one.

Don't be sour, good developers deserve good income. :)

6. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Was it not working for some with the beta?

Mine has been working since beta 1.

7. Jakimo thread starter macrumors 6502

It always worked with visual glitches. Those seem fixed.

Have you noticed anything else different?

8. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I haven't noticed anything different.

9. thekb macrumors 6502a

This post is true. I bought 1Password version 3 for iOS less than a year ago and now must pay again to "upgrade" just to maintain a feature that was highly touted at the time of my original purchase. If their hands really are tied here, and Dropbox pulled the rug out from under them, they shouldn't pass the favor along to their customers. Previous users should have been grandfathered in. At a minimum they should provide free upgrades to recent purchasers.

After all, this isn't a $0.99 app here ... It was $9.99. The developers were already paid well, but demand further payment to continue using a feature that was sold to me as a main reason for buying. Bad customer service.

10. Jakimo thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh please.

They have the best customer service in the business! I've never seen such a responsive team that's consistent for years now.

Complaints about paying for apps just doesn't go far with me.. it's a lousy track. Might as well give your MacBook Pro to a high schooler and buy yourself a $300 Acer. ;)

11. Sonnestah macrumors regular

Ah, please, are you really complaining about $9.99 for a great software?

Whats next? will customers want the developers to pay them instead?

12. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Yes. Customers have the right to complain. If you bought something for $10 knowing you're going to throw it away, or eat it in the next hour; that is the expectation you have set. If you buy software for $10 thinking this will do for a long while... (2 to 3 years), then that is the expectation you have set for that $10.

I can see why they'd be sour to spend $10, only to have to spend another $10 in such a short amount of time to retain the exact same features. This isn't about the money as much as it is about the expectations one has for their money. One would be pissed too if you buy a song for 99 cents and Apple or Amazon gives you a corrupted download,; and requires you to pay another 99 cents just to try again.

13. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Not meaning to go off topic, but PDF Printer for the iPad just released an iOS7 update.

14. thekb macrumors 6502a

Yeah, that's right. I am pissed that I paid $10 for software that broke less than a year later and they extort more money from me to make it work again. I paid $0.99 for Angry Birds about 4 years ago and it's still working great, with many many improvements since then. Why can't Agile Bits get their act together?

One thing I can promise, it won't happen again. At least not for this software. Next time, I'll bite the bullet and switch to another product. I've paid $20 for iOS versions and another $50 for the Mac version. I think $70 is EXTREMELY AMPLE for password software. If Agile Bits disagrees, they can find some more customers who aren't me.

15. Jakimo thread starter macrumors 6502

Perspective: great company and great software, SLAMMIN support - I'm paying good developers. :)

16. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

All you folks complaining about the bait and switch are not alone. The reviews in the App store tell the same story. <cough> *Lastpass* <cough>.

17. joshforman macrumors regular

While it's unfortunate that you have to upgrade to keep using dropbox sync in this app, understand that the new version has been out for 9 months already. You're asking them to revisit a nearly-year-old discontinued product and update the code, test it and release it. It's like asking Apple to add updates to lion or tiger. They're not going to do that unless it's a serious security update.

While you may have been sticking with v3, many of us moved on and are enjoying all the new features on v4. I hate it when people have to buy a new version to get one thing and forget that there are probably dozens or even maybe hundreds of new features that are coming along with it. If I were in your position, and the new version didn't offer enough to be worth the upgrade, then I wouldn't get it.

18. thekb macrumors 6502a

That would be fine, if DropBox syncing was an obscure, rarely used feature. But when I bought 1Password, it was trumpeted as a main selling point and the convenience was a big reason I bought both the Mac and iOS versions. I believe they should be obligated to keep main features working if they suddenly break less than a year after purchase.