Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nburwell

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 6, 2008
DE
I saw on my Facebook live feed that 1Password is free today. I believe it's typically $4.99 (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I just went into the App Store and verified that it is in fact free. It may just be free today, so if you want to get it, now is definitely the time.

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
I thought 1Password was always free, but 1Password Pro is $7.99.... as it is today.

Nope, I'm wrong, but 1Password has been given away for free a lot, normally $4.99 (just searched for it on AppShopper).

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Yeah this seems to be a regular thing. I got it for free the last time they were giving it away.

It's a great app. I'd get it while you can.

rburly

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2009
Florida
I know I'm being lazy by not just looking at the app store, but this will bump the thread and maybe someone will look any talk is better than no talk.

That said, does this app automatically put the password (1Password Pro) into the appropriate browser sites and, for example Bank apps and ATT app, or does it just store the passwords so I have to look them up.

Thanks in advance!

ee0u30eb

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2010
Cool.... what encryption does it use? I have a program on my PC called Truecrypt, I use it to create a secret volume that stores anything I shouldn't have on a company laptop including my personal password lists. If i can do a similar thing on my iPhone that will be great!

Thats a good point.... anyone know of an app that would allow you to have a secret area of files? stuff you don't want anyone else to accidentally see, like your fav picture of your wife! ;)

nburwell

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 6, 2008
DE
That said, does this app automatically put the password (1Password Pro) into the appropriate browser sites and, for example Bank apps and ATT app, or does it just store the passwords so I have to look them up.

It just stores your passwords within the app, so that when you go on the web site (i.e. bank, credit cards) you can go look up your password if you forgot it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.