1Password - Free Today

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by nburwell, Mar 11, 2010.

1. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I saw on my Facebook live feed that 1Password is free today. I believe it's typically $4.99 (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I just went into the App Store and verified that it is in fact free. It may just be free today, so if you want to get it, now is definitely the time.

2. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

I thought 1Password was always free, but 1Password Pro is $7.99.... as it is today.

Nope, I'm wrong, but 1Password has been given away for free a lot, normally $4.99 (just searched for it on AppShopper).

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Yeah this seems to be a regular thing. I got it for free the last time they were giving it away.

It's a great app. I'd get it while you can.

4. macfan881 macrumors 68020

5. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I picked it up as well
    Not sure I will use it, but WTH

7. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

8. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

It's great for writing down bank account numbers or PIN numbers - things you might want to keep with you wherever you go but don't want to write down where they can be seen by others...

9. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

I know I'm being lazy by not just looking at the app store, but this will bump the thread and maybe someone will look any talk is better than no talk.

That said, does this app automatically put the password (1Password Pro) into the appropriate browser sites and, for example Bank apps and ATT app, or does it just store the passwords so I have to look them up.

Thanks in advance!

10. ee0u30eb macrumors newbie

Cool.... what encryption does it use? I have a program on my PC called Truecrypt, I use it to create a secret volume that stores anything I shouldn't have on a company laptop including my personal password lists. If i can do a similar thing on my iPhone that will be great!

Thats a good point.... anyone know of an app that would allow you to have a secret area of files? stuff you don't want anyone else to accidentally see, like your fav picture of your wife! ;)

11. nburwell thread starter macrumors 68040

nburwell

It just stores your passwords within the app, so that when you go on the web site (i.e. bank, credit cards) you can go look up your password if you forgot it.