1Password help

jon08

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
Since the honorable gentlemen at 1Password apparently don't bother helping out their customers (I've contacted them 3 times through their Contact Us form, but never received a response; and no, it didn't end up in my Spam folder either - I checked it regularly) I decided to ask my questions here.

How to make 1Pass work with Entourage? When I open the latter it will only prompt me to save the password to Mac OS Keychain, but not 1Password. I tried adding an Email Account in 1Password, but it's kind of confusing - what do I enter under "Port number" - is it Incoming port number in the first "Port number" space, and the Outcoming port number in the second "Port number" space? And what do I select under "Authentication method"?? Why are all the forms listed twice anyway?

Attachments

Gray-Wolf

macrumors 68030
Apr 19, 2008
Pandora, Home Tree
If you have saved the password in key chain, after you installed 1password, it should be in 1password. Open 1password, and review the ones saved. It should be saved. i have never had to add any to 1password manually.

jon08

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
If you have saved the password in key chain, after you installed 1password, it should be in 1password. Open 1password, and review the ones saved. It should be saved. i have never had to add any to 1password manually.
As I said, all it does is prompt me to save it to Mac OS Keychain (I can tick that option) and if I don't tick it, I will just have to type my password again when I quit and relaunch Entourage.

How did you get 1Password involved here??

jon08

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
Btw, why do I not see 1password keychain in my Keychain folder?

jon08

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
Yes, I've checked my Logins column but obviously Entourage is not there because it never got added in the first place.....

jon08

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
Now I found my 1Password keychain (it was in the Application Support\1Password folder) and moved it to Keychain folder and made 1Password keychain my default keychain in Mac OS X Keychain app.

So now I got Entourage to store password to 1Password keychain (as a part of Mac OS X Keychain). But here's the question: how to make Entourage integrated with 1Password app itself? I mean, integrated in the way so that I don't need to type my 1Password master password when I want to access Entourage, and then type it again when I want to log into my Safari webpages?

jon08

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
^^ Ok so apparently that is not possible, but I have a different question: is it a bad idea to have 1Password keychain set as your default keychain in OS X Keychain?

Because I currently do, and in this way it asks me for password when I open Entourage - and the password I have enter is in fact my 1Password master password, which is basically what I wanted. But still, is it ok to have 1Pass keychain set as your default keychain?