1Password & iCloud

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by kappaknight, Jul 24, 2014.

1. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

I may be one of the few people backing up my 1Password to iCloud instead of Dropbox. If I want to use iCloud (everything except the iCloud Drive), I guess 1Password is useless for now?

2. adm58 macrumors regular

Anything that uses the "Documents and Data" feature in iCloud

3. MikhailT macrumors 601

Pretty much all apps will have this problem, not just 1Password. Apple completely changed how iCloud works for Yosemite and iOS 8.

I assume you mean you're syncing your data with iCloud as 1Password doesn't do cloud-based data backups.

They mentioned in their blog post here that you need to switch to Dropbox instead if you want to keep the sync going until they re-implement the new iCloud sync: http://blog.agilebits.com/2014/07/23/test-driving-an-operating-system/

4. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Luckily Agile Bits make it easy to switch the syncing service very easy through their apps. I swapped out iCloud for Dropbox in a matter of minutes on all 3 of my devices. Not a huge deal IMO.

5. AGKyle macrumors 6502

Hey all, glad to see you've been able to help out other users on this :)

If you have any questions I am now monitoring this discussion so I'll see any replies.

As others have said though, iCloud is completely different on iOS 8 and Yosemite so there may be issues. Also, as with all beta OS's from Apple, they use different container / servers than their production systems so syncing will not function between beta and non-beta operating systems. The same thing happened last year with iOS 7 and Mavericks.

As always, keep us in the loop if you encounter any other issues with 1Password on the public beta.

6. kappaknight thread starter macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Thanks! Will use Dropbox for now while I play with the beta.

7. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

I was using iCloud but moved back to dropbox until it's more stable. As another person said above, the switch between them is pretty seamless and easy.