1password install question

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by hokiepokie07, Nov 2, 2014.

1. hokiepokie07 macrumors 6502a

When I went to download 1password, I noticed two apps to download. Which one is the best version and what's the difference between the two? Everyone I've talked to and everything I've read talks highly of 1password, so I thought I'd finally give it a try. I'm still a bit hesitant of the safety of it.

Thanks

2. hokiepokie07 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Can anyone help me? Just want to make sure I download the correct app. Thanks.

3. csixty4 macrumors regular

There'so only one version of 1Password in the US App Store and it's version 5.1.1. That's a universal app that runs on iPhone and iPad. There used to be a separate iPad one that might be coming up in your search for some reason maybe.

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Diregard. Misread OP.

5. hokiepokie07 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks! I can't find many negative reviews about it. So 1password is secure? I'm just hesitant putting all my passwords within a program that all someone has to do is hack one password. If they hack that, they have everything.

6. AGKyle macrumors 6502

Hi there, we wrote an article that is sort of related to your question here:

https://blog.agilebits.com/2014/07/16/1password-is-a-very-safe-basket/

You may want to read that as it should answer your question pretty well. Please let me know if you have any other questions after reading it though!

7. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

It's as secure as your password. Your master password should be long and never used anywhere else. I use Dropbox sync and my Dropbox password is also very long and different. Agilebits blog on picking a secure password is very good.

I feel better about syncing to iCloud or Dropbox than to a vendor's store as the vendor's store is a tempting target.

8. radtechy macrumors newbie

1password install question

Long time reader, first post.

I haven't synced my 1password data due to fear of my backup getting clipped. I was considering backing it up in iTunes from my phone and then loading it into my iPad.

Is it pretty safe to do it via iCloud?

9. Baby Panda macrumors newbie

Yep. I prefer Dropbox sync as it works more reliability in my experience. If you're really worried about security, you could just sync via wifi sync.

10. infantrytrophy macrumors regular

I agree with Baby Panda in the post above that Dropbox sync is preferable to iCloud sync, at least for now. As good as Apple's "ecosystem" is, there are still some trouble points and iCloud is one of them.

Here is a link written by a respected blogger that explains more:
    http://macsparky.com/blog/2014/11/icloud-drive-stumbles

Most of Mr. Spark's comments relate specifically to the iCould Drive portion of iCloud, but Dropbox works so well that there is no reason to use anything else.