1password is great but ...

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by kevingaffney, May 12, 2011.

1. kevingaffney macrumors 6502a

Just begun using 1password, despite having my iPad 12 months, after all the recommendations I've seen. Excellent app but very expensive for what it does, especiall if you buy app for mac as well to enable syncing

2. kalex macrumors 65816

I use to use it before but upgrading and windows version does add up. Switched to lastpass and never looked back. Give it a shot if you want

3. sigamy macrumors 65816

1Password is often included in the popular Mac software bundles. I picked it up in MacHeist one year. That is the best way to get it. Being that I had the Mac version I then got 1password Pro for iOS for free.

4. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

How were you able to do that? I just bought the Mac version but didnt see an offer anywhere to get the iOS version for free.

5. gks macrumors 6502

They've had several promos where they made the app free. I got mine during one of them as well.

6. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

damn I must have missed those.

7. TonyK macrumors 6502a

TonyK

A good password manager will cost some money though there are also free apps available. The difference is the integration between the app and the OS/Browser.

Regarding LastPass, I don't care for any app that literally stores this information on a server. Passwords is one class of information I want to maintain under my direct control, not stored somewhere on a server/cloud for hackers to try and break in to. There are news stories going around about a possible hacking of LastPass which only brings this home for me.

If one has the iPhone and iPad, the same iOS app works on both and you do not have to purchase it a second time. :D

Take care,

8. Colors6 macrumors member

In this era of emerging cloud computing, it is inevitable that your critical data will be stored in the cloud. In order to keep your information in sync among multiple devices, there is no escaping from the cloud.

I love 1password and the dropbox integration. It is worth every penny, IMO.

9. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

When the iPhone version originally came out in 2008 I got it for free as well. Too bad they didn't make that one into a universal app, instead of creating a whole new universal one. Great application overall, syncing with my mac makes it really easy when getting new iDevices.