Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jfreed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2015
New York
I set up 1Password with a passcode on my Watch, and typing it in is agonizing. It barely registers the key presses. I use a passcode on the Watch itself and it is very smooth. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. What gives?

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
I believe the app is not native. It was made before 2.0. 1password needs to update it, so there is nothing you can do to fix it. The app is annoyingly slow.

jfreed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2015
New York
I believe the app is not native. It was made before 2.0. 1password needs to update it, so there is nothing you can do to fix it. The app is annoyingly slow.

Gotcha. How does one tell if an App is native?

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
Gotcha. How does one tell if an App is native?

When you open the app and the name of the app is in the middle of the screen by the loading animation then it is not native. If the name of the app is in the top left corner when opening then it's native.

Reactions: Goatllama

jfreed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2015
New York
Oh, that's really cool. I've isolated a couple of other apps that crawl, and it turns out they are also non-native. Thanks for the tip!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.