1Password on Sale

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by knightlie, Apr 12, 2014.

1. knightlie macrumors 6502a

Just an FYI, if anyone is interested in 1Password, it's 50% off at the moment. It's generally a bit expensive, but they seem to have regular sales. This one is in response to the HeartBleed exploit (which does not affect 1Password, btw).

https://agilebits.com/store

2. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

3. kristenp macrumors newbie

I've been using keepass since I switched over from windows. I wonder if I can justify getting 1password to replace it. I don't need syncing but it seems like everyone loves this app

4. flynz4 macrumors 68040

The 50% discount is a smart move on their part -- taking advantage of this massive increase in security awareness to grow their marketshare.

Their product is superb. As mentioned... they are not affected because all encryption is done locally on your own machine... with a key that you control locally, and is never shared with them or anyone.

Most password vault programs encourage the behavior of using unique passwords for ever single site. For all of us who follow this advice... we are at MUCH lower risk right now because any exploits are limited to the single site of any breach. For most others who use a single password anywhere... a breach at any single site (say for example a single store)... make them additionally vulnerable at their bank, their IRA, their stocks... etc. Very scary.

I believe that 1Password is at the top of the pack of such programs. Others work... but I think that 1Password is simply the best.

/Jim

5. AGKyle macrumors 6502

Thanks again for your continued support, Jim!

If anyone here has any questions about 1Password please let me know! I'll be following this thread and assuming technology works well I should be notified of any replies.

6. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

I haven't tried 1Password, but Lastpass has been working flawlessly on my Mac and PC for the past several years BTW, I let Lastpass make unique passwords for every site I log into. I use a passphase as my master login no one can possibly figure out