1Password on the Apple Watch is very handy.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by BasicGreatGuy, Mar 3, 2018.

1. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I really like having 1Password on the Apple Watch, which makes it a lot easier viewing OTP (one time passwords) for sites like MacRumors, Amazon and others, versus having to open the app on the phone, scroll to the login and then view the OTP.

If you haven't tried 1Password, give it a shot. It is a great app.

2. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    I've never really bothered to check it out on the watch. But I guess it's worth a look

3. csurfr macrumors 68020

What would be really slick is if it could auto populate your passwords to sites if you are wearing your watch, kind of like how we can unlock our Macs with the watch on.

4. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Well considering how 1password has been doing this on mac's for at least 10 years....

I only need to use this when I'm on a different computer and I don't think it's technologically possible to be able to securely and privately send info from your iphone/watch to random computers you are nearby.

5. csurfr macrumors 68020

Apple has found a way for it to work. I guess what I’m saying is for 1pw to be like “hey Dan is wearing his watch we can go ahead and enter his password to amazon when he clicks confirm on the watch screen.”

So it’s not actually sending / receiving the password data, just a quick authentication.

As far as random computers being nearby, the Apple Watch will still unlock my MacBook Pro regardless if I tap the screen or twist the crown or what not. I don’t have it set up currently so I don’t remember exactly what you had to do.

Edit: I missed your part about being on a different computer, so I get what you’re saying now. You’re right, that would probably be next to impossible.