Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ol!ver

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
I've just bought a MacBook, and its lurrrrvly.

Is it possible to have 1password installed on two machines and sync between them?

Cheers

Ol!ver

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
If you have a .mac/me account you can. I sync my keychain (which is where the data for 1Password is stored).

scott.

Ahh, so just install the app on both machine and I'm good to go? Already got MobileMe syncing keychains.

sfwalter

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Dallas Texas
I believe so. I don't think I did anything special. If it doesn't work post back here and I will see if there was any setting I had to enable.

sickmacdoc

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2008
New Hampshire
1Password has their own service free to sync passwords among multiple machines called my1Password ( https://my.1password.com/ ) but in looking at it I see it is by invitation only. I got my invitation right after I bought 1Password, so maybe purchasing it is the ticket to use it.... would be worth asking about as it works very smoothly.

blodwyn

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2004
Portland, Oregon
Tried making it work with MobileMe and gave up, using Dropbox now :)

So do I need to buy another license for the Macbook ?

I would read the license agreement and judge for yourself. I have 2 licenses - I bought the first and got a second as part of a bundle, but I've had no problems using only one of the licenses on both my systems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.