1password question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bw1128, Apr 29, 2011.

1. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

so i have the 1password app on my iphone4 and love it. but the other day with i upgraded my firmware to 4.3.2 and shortly after opened the 1password app i noticed everything was gone, it was completely empty!!! i had everything in there. is there a way i can save this info incase this were to happen again??? really sucks having to remember all these different passwords and user names.

thanks in advance!

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

3. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

do i have to buy the 1password application for my macbook too??

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Yes.

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Damn, that's annoying. It's a useful app--and I seriously wouldn't be without it on the Mac now that I have it--but the iOS version *should* be able to sync independently of having a desktop version, and I didnt realize they don't give you a way to at least back that data up off the phone without needing a computer handy. That's just stupid.

OK--their website is less than stellar so finding this was a pain, but there is at least a way to back it up to your main computer without owning the desktop app: http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_touch/backup.html

It's more work than Dropbox sync, and I do recommend the desktop version, but it's pricey and I completely understand why someone wouldn't want to pay it. Hopefully this will work.