1st Gen 32Gb 3G iPad NIB - what would you do?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by J&JPolangin, Apr 19, 2011.

1. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

I'm having a tough time deciding on if a 1st Gen 32Gb 3G iPad that I can get from a local store is something I want to get keep now.

Its already last gen hardware but I already have a 4th Gen iPod Touch so the "thiner unit with camera's" on the iPad 2 don't really excite me.

I wanted a MBA 11" but decided I was going to wait until Ivy Bridge as I already have the two good laptops in my signature (both with their own SSD's) so I felt the current MBA was something I'd pass on - and I'm hopful that the SSD's get a little larger & more standard RAM by then.

I was in the store last night and out of all the iPads on the shelf I found one unit with a 10% off sticker still on it from when the iPad 2 was originally released (they did 10% off before the larger price reduction down to $499.96 for this model).

So the final price is $449.96 with no tax and they had the original apple case for $20 - and its NIB.

I have 14 days to decide, what would you do (keep it or return it)?

Thank you for your input.

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I have the 1st gen 16 G wifi iPad. I'm quite happy with it. Like you, I have another iThing with a camera so I don't need an iPad with a camera. It's a 32G unit and uses At&t which allows tiered data so I think you should keep it.

3. J&JPolangin thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks for the input, I hope this will tide me over until one of my laptops become slow and I opt for what ever cool upgrades they do to the MBA/MBP line in the future:D

4. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Well aside from not being dual core, the first generation iPad really isn't lacking anything from the second. You don't need a camera so that comes out; the first gen iPad is also pretty thin and moderately light so you aren't really missing anything there either.

If you don't mind it's limitations, go for it :) Back when I had mine I loved it; great for what it did. You have powerful systems already so having the iPad around when you want absolute portability will come in hand.