1st Gen 8GB iPod Touch Sync issues - Error 0xe800000a

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Yarde, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Yarde macrumors newbie

I hope this isn't a duplicate thread, but i have searched around and not found any similar threads, but because i'm new to this forum, i might have missed it, so please don't hate me if this is a duplicate :eek:

Whenever i plug my iPod in, iTunes just throws back this error message

I've tried rebooting the pc, made no difference, tried installing the newest verion of iTunes. Neither of this two steps worked, so i tried all three of these methods

None of which gave any results, apart from the second method which threw back this error message once i get up to step 6...

I honestly don't know what else to do

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

3. Yarde thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, i'll try a full reinstall, does that mean i'll loose all my playlists and play counts of each song? I'd rather not loose that if poss.

Also, i forgot to add, I'm running XP

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You need to read through that thread. They're talking about a full uninstall (not reinstall). It's somewhat involved and just not uninstalling iTunes. After all that, you then reinstall iTunes, of course.

The playlists I can't answer, since I don't use them. If you can find the files that have the playlists you could copy them I would think.