1st gen airpods

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by etaleb, Sep 27, 2017.

1. etaleb macrumors regular

guys - I'm stil in the 14 day period to return my 1st gen airpods. Is it worth returning and getting the new ones and are they shipping soon

Also, I usually leave airpods outside the box and simply in my pocket so that I can easily put them on when a call comes in. However, they don't automatically connect to the iphone and I have to manually go to bluetooth settings and connect them. Anybody else seen that?

Thx

2. Billburns macrumors 6502

Billburns

There is only 1 gen...

Return for what other AirPod?

3. wytwolf macrumors regular

From everything that I've read the airpods themselves are the same. The only difference will be a new Qi compatible charger/case. Nothing has been even confirmed that airpods will be sold with the case. It could be the instance where the Qi charger/case will remain an accessory. Like the iphone 8/8+ quick charging option, you have to buy extra accessories.

Airpods are designed to be put back in the case after use and not simply put in your pocket. With mine they connect ti my iphone within 1-2 seconds of opening the case and placing them in your ears.

4. Dirtydutch macrumors 6502a

Dirtydutch

Yea 9to5mac in an article stated it will be a separate $69 case not including the Airpods

5. WiLLGT09 macrumors regular

WiLLGT09

Yeah, I asked an Apple Store employee this same question just yesterday. All you'll need is to buy a new case.

6. ValhallaOutcast macrumors regular

ValhallaOutcast

I had the same confusion as the OP, a week or two ago I seen the Air Pods on Apple.com and they said shipping (some date in Oct) so my assumption was a revised item but it must have just been a stock shortage and that Oct date was when they would be back in stock and shipped

7. Eddie3345 macrumors regular

Eddie3345

Has anyone tried to put the gen 1 AirPods on a wireless charging pad and open your phone look at bluetooth devices and see if they are charging or not...? Maybe us gen1 buyers don't need to buy a new case then...

8. robertpetry macrumors 6502

robertpetry

Since none of the proprietary Qi circuitry is in the original case what will cause them to charge? Apple Magic? ;)