Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Morod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
On The Nickel, over there....
Hi all,
I really liked Snow Leopard. I didn't get Lion or Mountain Lion at all. But when Apple stopped supporting SL I got Mavericks. I'm currently on 10.9.5 and everything works fine. It's not only not as bad as I thought it would be, I like it!
I'm using a mid 2007 Al iMac, 24", 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo, maxed out at 4 GB RAM, and an ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB graphics card.
Any ideas if Yosemite will be okay with this system? I know I can install Yosemite on it, but does it have enough "oomph" to run halfway decently? Again, Mavericks works fine on it.
Thanks for any advice on this, particularly anyone with the same or similar iMac who has been using Yosemite.
Morod

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
My $.02 is that SL works the best on that model. Given the headaches people have posted about bugs and issues, I'd be a little hesitant on upgrading to SL.

Apple's site shows that it will run 10.10
yosemite_requirements.png

So its possible to install it.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
I have Yosemite on that machine, but with 6GB of RAM. It is running fine. The only thing slow is hard drive related tasks, such as booting up, logging in after a log out, etc. Once it's up and running, it's quite good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.