1st gen Apple Watch sometimes slow in showing watch face

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Purga, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Purga macrumors newbie

Hi,

after upgrading my 1st gen apple watch to OS3 it is sometimes slow for turning on the display and showing the watch face when turning the wrist.
    Previously it would always be fast and reliable. Now it sometimes takes an extra second.
    This is more likely the case when i didnt look at the watch for a while, so as if i was interrupting it in some background processing during its standby.

Has anybody else experienced this and knows a fix? I already re-paired yesterday, but it didnt fix the problem.

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

If you already attempted a re-pair, then it will Likeky to continue occur with Watch OS3.

3. jryu90 macrumors member

jryu90

I had this issue, too. Especially with any of the Motion and Timelapse watch faces, which showed significant frame rate lag. A hard reset by pushing down the crown and side button fixed the issue. It comes up every now and then though, but not often enough to make a daily nuisance.

4. Purga thread starter macrumors newbie

i tried to do a hard reset but the problem remains :/
    it doesnt happen always but like every 20th time i turn the watch which is quite annoying. Disabling background app refreshing didnt help either.

Hope this will be fixed with os 3.1