1st gen dock fits iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrcourt123, Jun 25, 2010.

1. mrcourt123 macrumors member

I upgraded from the original iPhone yesterday. My old screen was cracked (badly) but still fully functional. It had a small section of dead pixels, but still worked fine. The vibration was broken. The speaker was nearly non-functional. It was definitely time for an upgrade. My iPhone 4 is fast, packs some incredible features, and is beautiful.

The reason for this thread is to inform anyone with an old 1st gen dock laying around (remember, they used to GIVE those to you in the box) that the iPhone 4 fits almost perfectly. No need to drop an additional $29 on a new dock if you were considering doing so!

2. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

Yeah, actually just now I remembered I had the first-gen dock and found out that the phone fits. :)

It won't fit with a bumper on, but at least I don't have to go buy a new one.

3. That70sGAdawg macrumors 6502a

That70sGAdawg

N.Georgia, USA (on the Lake, near the Mountains)
    Yes, they fit- but watch out for corrosion on the pins. Just make sure it's ok if not used for a while. I had corrosion short out an 16Gb 3G a few months ago when it went on an Apple WiFi dock with corrosion on the pins of the connector.

4. jashsayani macrumors regular

jashsayani

Good to know. I wont sell my 1st gen iPhone dock along with the phone :)

5. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

Well that sucks....I just tossed 2 of those a few weeks ago thinking I'd never use them

6. gts197 macrumors regular

This might be a dumb question but what would that look like on the dock?