1st Gen has no reception....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by slick316, Aug 25, 2008.

1. slick316 macrumors 6502

All day basically, I have been showing no bars on my 1st Gen iPhone. I never had this issue before. I turned wifi off, toggled airplane mode, even restored the phone.
    I am still able to make calls.....sort of. I tried calling a friend, called failed. Hit retry, failed again. Did this 5 times before it went through.
    Took my sim out and put it in my BB Curve, reception is fine, and calls work great. Took the sim back out, put it in the iPhone, no bars and a call I tried to make to my sister failed, twice before it went through.
    No warranty left, and I have been waiting on the BB Bold to release to decide whether I want it or the 3G iPhone, so I don't want to bother repairing it.
    But has anyone had this issue on the 1st Gen? I mean, its been working fine for a year, and its not like I dropped it or anything.

2. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Well you get phone support for 2 years so call and ask them what to do. Who knows if you get the right csr they might hook you up. Or if you have an apple store near you go and scope out a cool genius. Watch how the different geniuses treat there customers. Then when you tell them you want to see a genius give them the name f the one you think will be the coolest. They may exchange it.