1st gen iPad and Remote app?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dime21, Jul 2, 2014.

1. dime21 macrumors 6502

I've got a 1st gen iPad running iOS 5.1.1 the latest available for this device. When I try to install the Remote app from the App Store it won't let me, it says iOS 7 is required. How can I install Remote on this iPad? There must be a way aside from tossing the iPad in the trash and buying a newer model.

Thanks

2. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Why would you toss your perfectly fine working iPad into the trash simply because it isn't equipped to handle that app?

3. alex6422 macrumors newbie

I totally feel you. I have a first gen iPad and there are so many apps I am unable to download! So frustrating!! I still don't know of a way to work around it.

4. dime21 thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't *want* to. It is just a machine after all, and a machine that doesn't do what its owner wants is no longer a useful machine. Unfortunately.

So this is an artificial constraint it seems, imposed on us by Apple. That isn't a very friendly way to treat customers of a premium product. I've not been very impressed by Apple's policies lately.