1st Gen iPhone Battery Question (help please)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ej2zo, Mar 8, 2009.

1. ej2zo macrumors member

Hi fellas,

Got a question for you guys. Due to my schedule, at times I begin charging my iPhone (1st gen) around the 10%-20% mark. Now this is done maybe once or twice a week. Is this damaging to the battery in any way?

I'm asking because some say that a lithium ion battery shouldn't be kept around its lower end of a charge. So instead of having it drop between 10%-20%, have it at a steady middle range, you know?

So basically, should I worry if I find myself charging between the 10%-20% range?

2. RonCarr macrumors regular

RonCarr

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I do this sometimes as well.

3. Aboo macrumors 6502a

I do the same, and until now, my iPhone is holding up pretty well! One full charge lasts around 3 days, and I've had it for 2.5 years. This is with using it as my primary MP3 player, phone, and WiFi turned on most of the time. I don't think this should be an issue... no complaints from my end thus far!

4. RonCarr macrumors regular

RonCarr

Just curious, but how have you had an iPhone for 2.5 years when it hasn't even been on the market for 2 years yet?

5. Aboo macrumors 6502a