1st Gen iPhone Headphone Adapter

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by murc585, Jul 29, 2008.

1. murc585 macrumors regular

I was wondering if anybody with the first gen iphone bought one of those adapters to allow non-iphone specific headphones to connect to the phone. I bough some garbage griffin earbuds, but I'm obviously not satisfied. I have a pair of Audio Technica A-500 cans and I love them to death but I havn;t been able to use them with my phone.

Does anybody know of a headphone adapter that won;t completely butcher the sound? I am looking for somethign reasonably priced that'll create the least distortion possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

I purchased a belkin adapter for my original iPhone and the sound quality seemed fine through it to me. I did get a bit of interference with it if I twisted it around but that would happen with most headphones.

3. lordhamster macrumors 6502

My wife and I both had the old iPhone. I have the belkin adapter and a coupe of cheap generics I bought off ebay or amazon (don't remember). I never had any trouble with them at all, no static or anything... but I'm no audiophile.

If you want I can mail you one as I have no use for them any more with my new iPhone. Just PM me.

4. murc585 thread starter macrumors regular

hey, thanks for the replies. I found the griffin one which is flexible, exactly what I was looking for. thanks again.

5. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Got the Belkin one when I got my iSkin for my iPod that prevented me from using some other headphones that I liked and I use it in my car with my iPhone...

but I didn't have it at work today so I had to shave down my headphone jack rubber. Oh well, 10 dollar skullcandy earbuds...

6. eyelykeknives macrumors newbie

hhey do you think you can hook it up with the headphone piece ? i found your posting on google haha :d

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

What are you asking about?

8. eyelykeknives macrumors newbie

uhmm i was gonna ask lord if he still has a spare adapter that he can send me ? :D