1st Gen iphone issues.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pchaney301, Feb 10, 2009.

1. pchaney301 macrumors newbie

First off, hello to everyone in the forums. I have been coming here for quite sometime for help with my iphone, ipods, macbooks, and tons of other apple products.

Secondly, I have been having some issues with my 1st gen iphone. It has quit ringing(when the ringer is on) and for some reason it randomly cuts off NUMEROUS times a day. It has progressed to get worse over the last few weeks and its very annoying. I am in the process of getting a 3G but until I do that, I am just trying to see if there is any solution to fix this.

Thanks in advance,

pchaney301

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Have you tried doing a full restore through iTunes?

3. pchaney301 thread starter macrumors newbie

I havn't tried that yet, I'm afraid I'm going to lose all my contact info.

What can I do to avoid that?

4. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Do a backup, then restore from backup.

5. pchaney301 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, now my phone is completely frozen up and I can't get it to where I can use it.

What in the world is going on? Is there any command I can do that fix this? I've tried plugging it into my charger, computer, truck's ipod player.

PLEASE HELP

6. pchaney301 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've even tried to hold down the home screen button and the button at the top to reset it.

7. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

You need to get it into DFU mode and reload the firmware via iTunes, then start again.

Watch this "how to" on Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofpinyGlQ8I

That should sort you out.

If your Mac is on 10.5.6 you'll need to connect it via a powered USB hub to make that work, or use a Windows PC to do it.