1st Gen iPhone Performance Decrease

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by T3hPreacher, Jul 13, 2008.

1. T3hPreacher macrumors member

After installing software version 2.0 on my iPhone, it seems to have run a bit slower. I think it's taken longer to boot, and it sometimes slows down while trying to open certain apps (including 1st party ones). It's only slightly slower, so I guess it's not a big deal.

Has anyone else noticed their phone going slower? I figure it could also just be skewed perception, my phone may be doing just as well as it had been. It's also not a big deal, it's only slightly slower, as I said before.

As an aside, when I tried to open the Myspace app the other day, my phone crashed and had to reboot. I was curious if this has happened to anyone else. It probably isn't just the Myspace app; Camera crashed my phone once too on 1.1.4.

2. bbrjeff macrumors newbie

Yes. Slower...

I have noticed I cannot just open the contract screen and start to scroll - like I did before the upgrade. Now I have to wait. Two steps forward, one step back.

3. GNice macrumors 6502

Same here...very sluggish. I was wondering if it was the new 3G phone or the 2.0 software. I got rid of my 1st generation phone before upgrading so I couldn't confirm. Glad to know it's not the phone...it's the software. That is much easier to address...

4. deccoo macrumors member

I am finding the same thing but with pretty much every aspect of the phone! For example, there is a lag when opening up 'Settings' and even when entering a number on the keypad!

Has anyone find a way of improving performance? Am picking up my 3G tomorrow and hoping don't find the same issues with the firmware.

5. a27 macrumors regular

6. FLYING SE7EN macrumors regular

FLYING SE7EN

I'm only noticing slowdown in my Contacts. Everything else is ship shape.

7. tazinlwfl macrumors regular

tazinlwfl

My Camera is SLOOOWW
    To Load
    To Capture
    etc
    including any APP that uses my Camera
    its not TOO bad, i guess
    its just frustrating sometimes

8. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

The 1st Gen iPhone is definitely slower with 2.0.

Quite a few times I tap the screen and when nothing happens I tap again assuming I hadn't done it correctly the first time — only for the "lag" to then cause a double click…

9. TimTheEnchanter macrumors 6502a

TimTheEnchanter

Same here except it's pretty much everywhere, not just contacts. Just a slight lag and it got really slow twice when typing a text message.