1st Gen iPhone slower with 2.0 upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zeos, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Zeos macrumors 6502

I'm positive that my 1st gen iPhone is a good bit slower with the 2.0 upgrade. Buttons are not as responsive and sometimes take a couple of seconds to respond, especially in the Contacts app. It just doesn't feel as snappy and fluid as the pre-2.0 firmware. I have no other apps downloaded onto the phone, so it has to be new native slowness. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. newyorksole macrumors 68020

3. Zeos thread starter macrumors 6502

Not joking in the least. Guess you're not experiencing the same thing. Perhaps I need to upgrade to 3G...;)

But really, take a look at how the icons don't flow onto the the screen like they used to, they kinda jump a bit. This will happen quite often with most things that "flow" onto the screen. Then go to contacts and touch a name. On the first contact you try to open, does the name snap open, or does it take a while, or sometimes not even respond? Overall, it seems to be most noticeable when you first go to a new screen. Play around at the same speed you did pre-2.0 and tell me you don't see a good bit of lag the breaks the flow of your work.

If no one else has this issue, I'm definitely goin' 3G!

4. newyorksole macrumors 68020

No, I laugh because there are several threads on this already on the first page of this forum..., but yes it is slower and I have noticed and it's annoying at times.

5. Passante macrumors 6502a

Passante

I agree with the original poster. My phone has been a little slower on the 2.0 upgrade. I'm sure it will get fixed in an update. Having 802.11x access is great. I can use WIFI on the campus wherevi work. It's like having 3G in a limited area.

Have you noticed that the locater in Google maps is more accurate.

6. w00tini macrumors 6502a

same issue here...

i click on the cool new 'contacts' shortcut and it takes 5 seconds for me to be able to scroll. you're not imagining this. i hear 2.0.1 is in testing, hopefully they'll fix that

7. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

Ditto.
    This thing is SLOooow now. Im also getting some weird stuttering when trying to do certain tasks (calc, calender etc) and jumping around the screen. Even the home button is lagging.

Fetch new data = OFF.

8. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Oh yes. Before, it would put a circle that was probably 1/2 mile in diameter on my house. Now, I swear it basically just circles the portion of street I'm on. I have NO idea how they got better, but they did. Could have something to do with having WiFi in my house.

9. Dayron14 macrumors member

YES its so much slower! i think it's really slow! and i dont know if i'm the only one with this problem but ever since i did the update now my iphone wont vibrate and when it does it does it like weakly!!! i have already restored it twice! ive trying to call apple but they are closed man!]

is anybody else having the same vibration problem i'm having?

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

The only place I really notice is in the Contacts app. Like w00tini said it takes a few seconds after opening it to be able to do anything with it. It is annoying to say the least.

11. w00tini macrumors 6502a

i got one of those lame-duck vibrations today interestingly enough. lol, i had no idea what it was.

bugs zapping my iPhone! (weak TF2 reference, sorry:))

12. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

The Map app has almost slowed to a crawl for me when trying to get directions...the keyboard is really slow when entering addresses.

13. Tsmith00 macrumors newbie

Yep, very slow for me too.

Screen freezes, takes few seconds to switch b/w stuff, contact list takes forever to upload, mail issues that didn't happ before, photos....

all this w/o any apps on it...dunno

14. sanPietro98 macrumors 6502a

sanPietro98

It is definitely less responsive. Especially Mail.

15. MXLondon macrumors newbie

2.0.1 doesn't help. It's taking over a minute to find my position on maps -- in the middle of London, with good EDGE coverage and tens of mobile phone masts in the surrounding area.

Before 2.0 upgrade it took about 5 seconds to start loading the map.

Am very annoyed by this -- it's almost like they're forcing us into getting a 3G iPhone.