1st Gen iPod Touch Mega Slow

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hsj2011, Aug 30, 2011.

1. hsj2011 macrumors regular

I've just got a 1st Gen iPod Touch and it's got firmware 3.1.3 on it but it's sooooooo slow and unresponsive at times. So, I've tried downloading firmware 2.2.1 from http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ but when I go to restore it in iTunes I get an error saying iTunes could not restore the iPod. If I just click restore to download the latest firmware and restore the iPod it restores fine but it's still too slow.

Any ideas?

2. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

Yeah -- why'd you 'just get' a 1st gen, when you can get great deals right now on 4th gen ones?

You can have the latest iOS, quick, runs good . . . seems like a no-brainer.

But that's just me.

3. hsj2011 thread starter macrumors regular

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

How did you get ripped off?

5. hsj2011 thread starter macrumors regular

It was meant to be a newer gen but the seller lied and now doesn't want to know.

6. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

So you bought it sight unseen?

Hindsight is 20/20, but you should NEVER buy something like this without being able to touch it and make sure it works right. There are just too many variables; it could've been dropped etc . . .

I'm sure it's been an expensive lesson to learn, and that sucks.

7. aarond12 macrumors 65816

aarond12

By "too slow", what do you mean? Please give examples, such as "the game xxx takes xxx seconds to show up and gives a frame rate that makes the game unplayable".

Also, did you jailbreak this device? If not, don't. When I see complaints about slow iPhones and iPod Touches, it's frequently that they've been jailbroken.

8. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Flash 1.1.4, it will fail and enter a semi-bricked state. The flash 2.2.1, it will stick.

9. yeah macrumors 6502a

yeah

(Thats what she said :D)

10. jonrando macrumors 6502a

No offence but you deserve what you go. As said above, you should buy anything without being able to physically touch it, make sure it functions right, etc. There are too many scammers out there and people who can't be trusted.

You should've gotten a 4th gen refurbished from Apple.

----------

Grow up, this isn't elementary school.

11. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

No I wouldn't even trust refurbished with all the yellow screens and leaking.

Just buy a new one, I never buy used and I don't understand why people would.