Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

parkie

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2007
Every time I boot in to bootcamp (Windows XP) it looks like the graphics card is about to die (see photo), after 15-20 seconds of this it boots fine and doesn't seem to be a problem?? Today I replaced my 2600xt with a new HD3870 and the exact the same still happens. anyone know what this is all about?

p

Attachments

• IMG_1909.JPG
    IMG_1909.JPG
    441.5 KB · Views: 77

nanofrog

macrumors G4
May 6, 2008
At this point, it seems the drivers are suspect. :(

Dump the existing drivers, and reinstall. If that doesn't work, you may need to try a full install. :(

parkie

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2007
At this point, it seems the drivers are suspect. :(

Dump the existing drivers, and reinstall. If that doesn't work, you may need to try a full install. :(
I'll try some older drivers (I'm using the latest from ATI) but I'm pretty sure the drivers haven't even loaded yet, this happens well before the windows logo comes up which is when drivers and things start to load (I think), could it be the monitor? Thats the only other thing that is a constant.

p

nanofrog

macrumors G4
May 6, 2008
I'll try some older drivers (I'm using the latest from ATI) but I'm pretty sure the drivers haven't even loaded yet, this happens well before the windows logo comes up which is when drivers and things start to load (I think), could it be the monitor? Thats the only other thing that is a constant.

p
By the looks of the image you posted, it looks like a corrupted signal from the graphics card, not what I'm used to seeing with a monitor. Though the monitor isn't quite ruled out as a possibility.

Have you tried switching the monitor cable to the other port on the graphics card?

parkie

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2007
By the looks of the image you posted, it looks like a corrupted signal from the graphics card, not what I'm used to seeing with a monitor. Though the monitor isn't quite ruled out as a possibility.

Have you tried switching the monitor cable to the other port on the graphics card?

just had a thought, it could be my KVM :eek:, I'll bypass it and see if it's any different.

p

AdvocateUK

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2008
Billingham, United Kingdom
I see the exact same thing when booting Windows in boot camp and I've never worried about it. I don't see it at all with OS X and onced Windows has booted it goes away, nothing to see here folks move along!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.