1st gen macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by migdaddy, Jan 30, 2013.

1. migdaddy macrumors 6502

I have a 1st Gen Macbook (2006). I have had it since about 2009 maybe. I am unable to put the latest software on it. I believe I am running snow leopard. My question is...how much longer do you think this laptop will last? I take care of it. I update it whenever I can. Its been acting up a bit the past week, skipping when playing music, where im forced to restart it, holding down ALT OPTION/APPLE and R P, which supposedly resets something. Seems to do the trick. Just wondering how long I can expect this laptop to last. Thanks.

Also, this laptop is proof that Apple is the best, no joke. Ive had many other laptop in the past (HP, Dell, E Machines) and they all start crapping out after 2 years, getting viruses and all that. This thing is amazing.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I'd be looking into upgrading now if you're doing anything critical. It could keep running for another year or it could die next week.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Simply restarting most likely did the trick. There is no need to reset the NVRAM, as it has nothing to do with iTunes skipping.

4. robvas macrumors 68020

We have one at our office still ticking away....