1st Gen MBP Sudden Wifi Problem. Please help!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by inmotion, May 26, 2009.

1. inmotion macrumors member

Ok, ok... before anyone flames me, I've tried searching the forums for the past 2 days and though I've found some similar threads, I'm still having major issues with my 1st gen Macbook Pro.

My 1st gen mbp has been working pretty well so far until...
    I flew to Vancouver 2 weeks ago and began experiencing major problems with my wireless internet. At first I thought that it was simply my friend's router/metal doors, etc. but ever since I got back home, the problem is still existent.

I am literally right beside my Airport Extreme and Express but can barely get any signal... well actually, istumbler says the signal is 45% on the Extreme and 38% on the Express but on my menu bar, the wifi signal is down to the last little dot and I simply cannot use the internet... (and when it works its as sluggish as dial up thought I am on a 10mbps line)

I will be replacing this mbp soon but until at least WWDC I have to be able to do my everything with this machine.... any help is appreciated.

I've tried reseting the PRAM, revert back to Tiger, reconfiguring my base stations... I simply don't understand what's going on...

Thanks!

2. inmotion thread starter macrumors member

3. Corrosive vinyl macrumors 6502

Corrosive vinyl

This is a difficult problem, could it be possible that the wire connecting to your airport card was jostled loose during transit, that could throw everything off.

4. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

Yeah, if the problem started after transporting it, I would say that something has come loose or unplugged. Time to crack it open and have a look or take it to Apple and get them to do it

5. inmotion thread starter macrumors member

argh, thanks for the replies. not having applecare, i think i'll just have to endure this stupid weak wifi signal for the next 2 weeks or so...

i mean, i've even already pulled out the good old ethernet cable :p