1st Gen non responsive

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ASchul89, Jul 28, 2010.

1. ASchul89 macrumors newbie

In a seemingly random pattern, sometimes the touch feature of the screen on my 1st gen touch doesn't respond. If music is playing, I can still shake to shuffle, but can't control anything else, so I know it's just the screen. Not sure if this is connected, but it started after I synced my first app upgrade where they were 4.0 tested.

Has anyone else had this problem and figured out how to fix it, or is the poor thing just on its way out due to old age?

2. v2allen macrumors regular

v2allen

Personally, sorry but, I think it's time to get a 4th generation when it comes out in September 2010

3. ChiChi macrumors newbie

Probably cause the 1st gen is old. Mine does the same thing. Sometimes I can't slide the volume up, other days the home button doesn't work. The apps I lately download are quite large, so they tend to crash easily when I load/play them. My iPod touch also turns on and off sometimes without me touching it. Like yours, it is very random and unpredictable.

I think it's time for an iPod touch upgrade :)

4. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Sorry but i think its too old and is time for an upgrade. :(.....:D

5. SlovakApple macrumors 6502

That happened to me on my 3g iPod touch once in a blue moon, but after using the home button, it corrected itself. So if it does not happen too often, I would not bother. Nevertheless I agree with the others that it is time for an upgrade. :p:D

6. v2allen macrumors regular

v2allen

Time for a 4th generation iPod Touch for you!:cool: