1st gen Shuffle Problem Help

Discussion in 'iPod' started by icesac26, Jun 27, 2007.

1. icesac26 macrumors member

icesac26

I Have a 1st gen Shuffle for about a year and a half now and it is saying it is corrupt every time I re input it to the usb. I have tryied manual and automatic (iTunes) restore. Can someone help me fix this

2. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Apple provided a restore application for the shuffle a year or so ago. Have you tried that?

3. icesac26 thread starter macrumors member

icesac26

Yes, and I have the newest one to, both are still doing this

4. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

Try restoring from a different computer, it could be a USB problem on your current setup.

I use my 1st Gen Shuffle as a flash drive to copy files from my Macs to my Windows PC, and every time I used it with my Windows PC and then plugged it back into a Mac it would need to be restored. I was also experiencing extremely slow transfers over USB 2.0. I ended up replacing the motherboard on my Windows PC and haven't had the problem since.

5. slimp macrumors newbie

6. rikers_mailbox macrumors 6502a

weird. I had some trouble with my 1st gen shuffle just this week. It wanted to get updated firmware, but the update would crap out with an error code 1417 or 1418 or something. So then I'd restore, but it would still have trouble mounting, syncing, etc. and i got more errors.

after some googling, I finally just manually deleted everything in the iPod_Control directory (gotta use terminal).

One last Restore and update and everything works fine.