1st gen touch help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rowbozz, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Rowbozz macrumors newbie

I have an iTouch 1st Gen,

? Why unlock it..... what benfits will I have...

? I also have an Palm Zire 72, which I want to sync(copy) my Menu's and notes..... How do I do that... anyone can help.....

I'm am using an 24" iMac

Thanks for any direction....

2. LtRammstein macrumors 6502a

LtRammstein

That's just a silly question.

What are you doing that would require you to jailbreak the iPod? If your Palm already does a lot what you are doing, there's no point on jailbreaking your iPod.

You probably have a Palm software that allows you to sync it with your Mac. At that point you don't need to jailbreak the iPod. Just purchase a free app from the App Store to handle your notes.

3. Rowbozz thread starter macrumors newbie

Not silly, if you don't know...

Thanks for your responce.... again, of what purpus will I ge if I jail brake ?

what app are you refuring to as the free app to get my meno's out of the Palm into my Touch, instead of retyping everything (I have severial cataguries, and alot of memo's w/in ea).

I thank you for your time on this.... I'm new to this, please bare w/me....

:)

4. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

jailbreaking allows you to install applications that's available in Cydia. you can find some of the apps reviews at InstallerApps.com

The best reason, in my opinion, is themes, sbsettings, backgrounder(to put applications in the background), etc.

5. jzuena macrumors 6502a

jzuena

I agree on SBSettings. It is great for toggling radios, etc. without taking up an icon on the touch's desktop. Categories lets you have folders with apps in them instead of multiple pages of apps. And if you want any kind of emulator (MAME, Atari, etc) they aren't on the app store.