1st Generation 32gb iPod touch horrifically slow.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by alm99, Dec 1, 2009.

1. alm99 macrumors 6502

I am not sure what is going on, but over the past couple months the iPod has started to stutter between menus and takes forever to delete a podcast, movie, etc from the device. Load times have increased as well. The iPod isn't full and I only have 2.5 pages of apps.

I did a restore a few weeks ago which seemed to have helped initially, but it quickly started to downhill.

Any idea what would be going on? Just it's age?

2. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

Are you running the 3.x.x firmware?

Ever since I upgraded to the 3, my iPod Touch has been slow at doing everything. It can take up to a minute just to pull up the alarm menu (not exaggerating). It may help out the 2G and 3G iPod Touches, but it has done nothing good for my 1G 8GB iPod except allowing me to update applications. I installed the iStat App and notice that the amount of RAM in my iPod changes. When it's around 32MB, it's slow, but then it will grow to about 64MB, and it's fast. Unfortunately, I don't know how to make it grow to 64MB.

3. alm99 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. iOrlando macrumors 68000

if you did a restore....

ok

sounds stupid..but do you shut it off periodically? Sometimes tech stinks when not turned off every once in a while...I know it sounds stupid...but it sometimes works.

other then that...sounds like a problem you will not fix on your own. Go to the genius bar and show them. If they see that it is not usable due to slow speed..they will replace it (most likely) as long as they deem you didnt cause any damage and you have applecare or its within its original warranty period.