1st Generation iPod Touch 2.2.1 Jailbreak Problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by harryhood, Feb 25, 2009.

1. harryhood macrumors regular

just got a new ipod touch 1G, restored it with 2.2.1, and try and jailbreak with quickpwn. I literally unpackaged the iPod and payed the $9.99 for the 2.2.1 update and here it begins.

I am stuck at the screen immediately after the "home and power button sequence".

The iPod Touch's screen simply remains blank and it indefinitely loads the progress bar (there is no progress) (it just sits there loading "Quickpwn Is about to run on your ipod touch, and does nothing)

Now I have try to re-restore multiple times and still no luck.

Any Ideas? Thanks in Advance

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    If you have a mac with 10.5.6 it is probably a dfu problem. You can follow the instructions here to re-enable dfu mode, and it will work perfectly. It did for me ;).

Your welcome.

3. harryhood thread starter macrumors regular

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

You're welcome. :)

5. Edwin124 macrumors member

after you install the 10.5.5 do you have to do the dfu mode on the ipod before you install the 10.5.6?

or can you install both of them before you try and jb the ipod?

thanks

6. Edwin124 macrumors member

anybody have any idea?

7. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

If your mac is on 10.5.5 then jailbreak your ipod first and you won't have to make any special changes. If you update to 10.5.6 first then you have to do the dfu fix before the jailbreak will work properly.

8. Edwin124 macrumors member

i understood that much, but i'm on 10.5.6, what i was asking if i could download both the files first and try to jb ipod or if i had to dl the 10.5.5 file the dfu mode the ipod and then dl the 10.5.6 file. thanks for the advice anyways though

9. Edwin124 macrumors member

to answer my own question here, NO it won't work!!!!!:(

i tried downloading both the files first instead of downloading one, trying the dfu mode on my iPhone and then installing the other :eek:

**edit**

removed the usb prober and followed the steps in order this time i.e. downloading 10.5.5 first then trying to jb then downloading 10.5.6 and it worked!!!! :eek:

10. Caleb.R macrumors newbie

iPod touch problems.

Hey guys,

I'm currently using an iMac G5 OS X 10.4.11 computer to attempt this with and an iPod touch 1G. Every time I reach the stage where Jailbreak uploads via QuickPWN onto the iPod the computer freezes! Then have to repeat the restore stage every time. Curious if this has something to do with the iMac being 10.4.11?? Thanks.

Caleb

11. Caleb.R macrumors newbie

I'm attempting this using QuickPWN to btw. No body else had this issue? Or is everyone using Mac's 10.5 and above?

12. draven von macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem, except i'm on a pc :( please help.