1st in line... I'm such a dork

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Scott-n-Houston, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

I got to the store closest to me at 8 am. No one is here yet. I am surprised, but happy. I have to be somewhere at 6 pm, so I didn't have time to wait long after 5. I thought, if I get here now, I'd be done by 5:30 or so. Well, looks like I'll be done by 5:05. :D

Not disclosing which store just because I don't want that broadcast out there, but it's one of the handful in Houston. :)

I can work from here just as easy as my office, and I even have a power plug. :p

2. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

Nice man have fun. I might goto the apple store today to see the madness and pickup a camera kit lol. I love the launch madness.

3. melman101 macrumors 68030

Awesome!!! Good luck! Have fun! :)

4. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Apple Store or Best Buy?

5. adpretto macrumors member

San Diego 1st in Line

Hey There ,

Im in San Diego at the Apple Store with my girlfriend and we are first in line its 6:30am here and were just waiting for more people to join us.

6. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Is there another plug or should I bring a power strip LOL:)

7. Rafterman macrumors 68000

Seven hours in line? Now this is a dedicated iPad man.

8. ClemTiger0408 macrumors 6502

Cool, so I'm going to stay here at work all day. Get stuff done. Stroll down to the Apple Store after work around 5:30. The probably wait around for an hour or so and get one.

But, you know, whatever floats your boat.

9. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Gotta do what you gotta do. Should be some chicks strolling through their around lunch. :cool:

10. diabolic macrumors 68000

And they'll definitely be looking for the dork in the front of the iPad line. :)

I'm kidding, but someone was going to say that. I waited in line all day for the first iPhone. :) Have fun!

11. Scott-n-Houston thread starter macrumors 6502a

What a douchey response. And I thought I was the dork.

Did you read what I posted? I don't have time to wait an hour once 5 pm rolls around.
    If I don't get it this evening, it would likely be days before I have another chance given my schedule. I can work from here just as easily as my office too.

I actually brought a 3 to 1 converter, but a strip is even better!

Also, it's an Apple Store. I returned a wifi iPad after 1 day because I decided I wanted 3G. (No, I didn't 'use' it for a week. I had it 24 hours.)
    But that 24 hours confirmed how much I want one of these devices for me and my wife. I don't want to wait a few more days to a week. What's a few hours in the scheme of things?

12. Scott-n-Houston thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah... I feel like a real winner right now. LOL They'll love me.

I'm also sick of answering the question, "What are they selling today?" to all these Mall Walkers roaming around! :eek:

13. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

I really don't think they're going to sell out.

14. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I can't decide when to go! The mall doesn't open for another hour so I have time to decide.

lol I remember going through that before.

15. MadDog31 macrumors 6502a

I was one of those that waited in line in the #1 spot for the original iPhone for 19 hours. I did it to guarantee myself a phone and also so I could say I was the first in Wilmington, NC to have an iPhone...haha

It was fun that day, enjoy the experience!:)

16. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

What happened Scott, thought you were able to schedule a personal shopping appt at 5:30 and that Apple was holding a unit for you?

17. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

It is more of the experience than the threat of missing out.

18. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

I have only gotten in lines for midnight launches of games and I usually try to show up after everyone else is gone. As long as I had a pre order I was guaranteed a copy. Nothing beats sitting home relaxing waiting for my iPad to come in. Should be here within the hour, my wifi iPad was delivered at 8 AM. Perfect. :)

19. bornblind macrumors 6502

bornblind

You should have just made a sign and sat it next to you that said "I'm Working Leave Me Alone and of course I waiting for a iPad 3G. Have a nice Apple Day!"

20. Scott-n-Houston thread starter macrumors 6502a

I called about that last night. I never got a cancellation email, but I called to confirm, and they said, "We're canceling those." :eek:

This after the employee I spoke to on Tuesday said it would be all just fine. I'm glad I didn't take that $1000 bet. :D

I had a long talk with the store manager about my canceled appointment, and how I wasn't notified, but glad I called, etc. She said that she was sorry, but couldn't even hold one for her husband. (yeah right)

Anyway, here I am. I wish others would join me so I didn't look like a total idiot. haha... just one of several idiots!

21. Scott-n-Houston thread starter macrumors 6502a

OMG, That would have been smart. I also should have brought a pillow to sit on! My back is already killing me! haha

22. gibbz macrumors 68030

23. bornblind macrumors 6502

bornblind

+1

Eat that MS

24. PhillStew macrumors member

No big deal man...I plan on getting to my closest Apple store around noon. Maybe there'll be a close power outlet for the MBP. Good luck!

25. maggie2101 macrumors member

If mine wasn't being delivered I'd come and stand around with you! ;)