Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scott-n-Houston

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 27, 2008
Houston (duh)
I got to the store closest to me at 8 am. No one is here yet. I am surprised, but happy. I have to be somewhere at 6 pm, so I didn't have time to wait long after 5. I thought, if I get here now, I'd be done by 5:30 or so. Well, looks like I'll be done by 5:05. :D

Not disclosing which store just because I don't want that broadcast out there, but it's one of the handful in Houston. :)

I can work from here just as easy as my office, and I even have a power plug. :p

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
Nice man have fun. I might goto the apple store today to see the madness and pickup a camera kit lol. I love the launch madness.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2009
I got to the store closest to me at 8 am. No one is here yet. I am surprised, but happy. I have to be somewhere at 6 pm, so I didn't have time to wait long after 5. I thought, if I get here now, I'd be done by 5:30 or so. Well, looks like I'll be done by 5:05. :D

Not disclosing which store just because I don't want that broadcast out there, but it's one of the handful in Houston. :)

I can work from here just as easy as my office, and I even have a power plug. :p

Awesome!!! Good luck! Have fun! :)

bowlerman625

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Chicago, IL area

Apple Store or Best Buy?

adpretto

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2008
San Diego , CA
San Diego 1st in Line

Hey There ,

Im in San Diego at the Apple Store with my girlfriend and we are first in line its 6:30am here and were just waiting for more people to join us.

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009

Is there another plug or should I bring a power strip LOL:)

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010

Seven hours in line? Now this is a dedicated iPad man.

ClemTiger0408

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
Cool, so I'm going to stay here at work all day. Get stuff done. Stroll down to the Apple Store after work around 5:30. The probably wait around for an hour or so and get one.

But, you know, whatever floats your boat.

diabolic

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2007
Austin, Texas
Gotta do what you gotta do. Should be some chicks strolling through their around lunch. :cool:

And they'll definitely be looking for the dork in the front of the iPad line. :)

I'm kidding, but someone was going to say that. I waited in line all day for the first iPhone. :) Have fun!

Scott-n-Houston

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 27, 2008
Houston (duh)
Cool, so I'm going to stay here at work all day. Get stuff done. Stroll down to the Apple Store after work around 5:30. The probably wait around for an hour or so and get one.

But, you know, whatever floats your boat.

What a douchey response. And I thought I was the dork.

Did you read what I posted? I don't have time to wait an hour once 5 pm rolls around.
If I don't get it this evening, it would likely be days before I have another chance given my schedule. I can work from here just as easily as my office too.

sinsin07 said:
Is there another plug or should I bring a power strip LOL

I actually brought a 3 to 1 converter, but a strip is even better!

Also, it's an Apple Store. I returned a wifi iPad after 1 day because I decided I wanted 3G. (No, I didn't 'use' it for a week. I had it 24 hours.)
But that 24 hours confirmed how much I want one of these devices for me and my wife. I don't want to wait a few more days to a week. What's a few hours in the scheme of things?

Scott-n-Houston

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 27, 2008
Houston (duh)
And they'll definitely be looking for the dork in the front of the iPad line. :)

I'm kidding, but someone was going to say that. I waited in line all day for the first iPhone. :)

Yeah... I feel like a real winner right now. LOL They'll love me.

I'm also sick of answering the question, "What are they selling today?" to all these Mall Walkers roaming around! :eek:

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
I can't decide when to go! The mall doesn't open for another hour so I have time to decide.

I'm also sick of answering the question, "What are they selling today?" to all these Mall Walkers roaming around! :eek:

lol I remember going through that before.

MadDog31

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2007
I was one of those that waited in line in the #1 spot for the original iPhone for 19 hours. I did it to guarantee myself a phone and also so I could say I was the first in Wilmington, NC to have an iPhone...haha

It was fun that day, enjoy the experience!:)

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009

What happened Scott, thought you were able to schedule a personal shopping appt at 5:30 and that Apple was holding a unit for you?

Matthew9559

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2007
Cleveland, OH
I have only gotten in lines for midnight launches of games and I usually try to show up after everyone else is gone. As long as I had a pre order I was guaranteed a copy. Nothing beats sitting home relaxing waiting for my iPad to come in. Should be here within the hour, my wifi iPad was delivered at 8 AM. Perfect. :)

bornblind

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2008
Alabama

You should have just made a sign and sat it next to you that said "I'm Working Leave Me Alone and of course I waiting for a iPad 3G. Have a nice Apple Day!"

Scott-n-Houston

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 27, 2008
Houston (duh)
What happened Scott, thought you were able to schedule a personal shopping appt at 5:30 and that Apple was holding a unit for you?

I called about that last night. I never got a cancellation email, but I called to confirm, and they said, "We're canceling those." :eek:

This after the employee I spoke to on Tuesday said it would be all just fine. I'm glad I didn't take that $1000 bet. :D

I had a long talk with the store manager about my canceled appointment, and how I wasn't notified, but glad I called, etc. She said that she was sorry, but couldn't even hold one for her husband. (yeah right)

Anyway, here I am. I wish others would join me so I didn't look like a total idiot. haha... just one of several idiots!

PhillStew

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2005
Alabama
No big deal man...I plan on getting to my closest Apple store around noon. Maybe there'll be a close power outlet for the MBP. Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.