1st iPhone Case for the new smaller iPhone rumored by Wall Street Journal

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ChinaAzzi, Feb 13, 2011.

1. ChinaAzzi macrumors regular

I saw this Wall Street Journal story Apple Working on Cheaper, Smaller iPhone and MobileMe Overhaul on the front page of Macrumors and remember the money it cost me year ago from orders I had on a case for the then called iPhone Nano. [​IMG]
    The the rumors where flying and everyone wanted to buy this case. Now I see it is back and maybe this time there will be an iPhone Nano. :)

2. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

I really really hope there will not be an iPhone Nano. I think it will lead to a lot more complication in iPhone development. Developing for different screen sizes is hard enough, but now there are going to be iPhones made with all around lesser capabilities? It seems like having a smaller iPhone would lead to developers trying to make apps compatible with all iPhone models, meaning the apps wouldn't take advantage of the "big" iPhone. If Apple does choose to release an iPhone Nano, I hope they find an elegant way to pull it off.

3. ChinaAzzi thread starter macrumors regular

I think it has to happen for iPhone to continue to be a leader in the smart phone market and may have been planned a few years ago but they had some problems or decided to delay it. I remember it was the hottest topic with accessory suppliers. There were numerous confirmations of seeing and touching the actual product. We were all happy because it was the one that everyone was going to cash in on but it fell flat on its face. Now I see it is back but it may be just a worthless rumor.

4. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Engadget is reporting rumors of "half the size of iPhone 4". I'm sorry but that would be too small for me.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. If anything, I would rather have a 4" or 4.3" screen, not a smaller one.

6. Roadking macrumors 6502

I agree. I want a bigger screen. Not a smaller one.

7. ChinaAzzi thread starter macrumors regular

Same here. But business is business and there is a market for small iPhones so why shouldn't Apple fill it before the competition does? :)

8. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Assuming they actually do make the mythical iPhone Nano, what purpose would it serve? iPhone for toddlers? Needs to be bigger, not smaller.

9. Snape1 macrumors newbie

They gotta make it cheaper if they want the real success.

10. SideStepSociety macrumors 6502

SideStepSociety

There is no iPhone nano, that man just has the hands of a moderately sized giant! :D

11. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

I agree with everyone else, I think the next iPhone should be bigger, not smaller. If it's smaller I'm not interested.

12. Surely Guest

Surely

Look at the plaid sleeve......it's Paul Bunyan holding the case!

13. patp Guest

Not everybody needs the full function of the average iPhone. Some people just need minimal basics, like, phone, text, basic email. The nano if priced right would go to the non techies. Makes a lot of sense for leveraging marketshare. If they had a $99 iPhone nano i bet it would sell like crazy. Not everybody needs the full Monty.

14. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

True but I also think that they should have a fill siE
    iPhone as well, to give us an option, because many of us wouldn't like a small iPhone.

15. kaikai830 macrumors 6502

Personally I rather that Apple makes a bigger iPhone maybe like a 4 inch screen size but this iPhone Nano would be great for my 9 years old daughter.

16. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

Why? iPhone 3GS is $49. How much cheaper can they make this? The average consumer isn't paying full price for an iPhone anyway. Unless they take away the smartphone capabilities and the carriers don't require a data plan, there would be no need for a smaller iPhone.

17. PaulChowHK macrumors regular

I cannot believe it comming back . I lose $40,000 on that iphone nano case. I selling so much then haveing give all moneys back. :mad:

18. tsolt macrumors regular

tsolt

Im pretty sure back in a couple threads or so that they had rumored that apple was gonna come out with and iphone that you could buy out right for $200, so maybe this is it.. just sayin

19. PaulChowHK macrumors regular

I just read this at Insider

Feb 15,2011
    Last night a reliable source informed me that photos of the new iPhones may be available soon. It is not known whether they are of iPhone Nano or the new iPhone 5 or both.

This the peoples who first starting iphone nano rumor. I give link to rumor above hope I doing it right.

20. ChinaAzzi thread starter macrumors regular

You and a bunch of us lost money because we had to refund our customers. Did you lose out of pocket money or pre-order money? :)

21. ChinaAzzi thread starter macrumors regular

The only photos they have so far are the ones that are on Macrumors front page. :rolleyes:

22. jasonmanning macrumors member

Please not a smaller iphone, come out with the iphone5 end of this year, or early next year ... but not a smaller one ... keeping up stocks will just be a pain.

23. SethKOne macrumors member

I think the main point is that it's cheaper, not just smaller. If it was that form factor and cost the same, it would go over like a lead balloon (imho). Aesthetically, it looks more like an iPhone 3x, and I think it has to be primarily aimed at competing with cheaper phones.

24. ChinaAzzi thread starter macrumors regular

Here is a photo I found that seems to be real and could be iPhone 5. [​IMG]

25. tellmeaboutit macrumors newbie

Why would Apple put a black circle around the camera and flash.