1st Kernel Panic and just had my 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th...

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by SFStateStudent, Nov 10, 2008.

1. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

MBA froze up while running Safari (one window open and my school's iLearn page was open), MS Office: Mac 2008 (Word) and (PowerPoint) and my MBA was operating with my school's WiFi (full bars) and with the screen frozen and the below attached screen appeared on my screen and the entire MBA was frozen with nothing moving...:mad:

UPDATE: AppleCare Tech Support walked me through the Utility Disc Permissions Verify/Repair and Repair Permissions/Verify. 3rd party application corrupted, and couldn't tell if it was a software or hardware issue. Disc Repair was completed. No Kernel Panic and Cooliris prompt no longer shows up. I think it's OK, for now...

Attached Files:

2. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Well it's back and now frozen. On the way to Apple Store!!!

UPDATE: Have to do a complete reinstall from scratch, still backing up system, then I'll check it out...

UPDATE: The Apple Tech said it wasn't a hardware issue, but the terminals definitely showed the kernel panics. I ended up doing a clean reinstall on my own at my house and the situation has not repeated. But this happens to be my two weeks of finals, and 80 percent of my finals are PowerPoint presentations, so I'm always on the edge of my seat, worrying about the next kernel panic