1st pitaka case split on the top right corner, they replaced it now new case splitting again.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Deathshead, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Deathshead, Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018

Deathshead macrumors member

Looks like Pitaka has a genuine problem with the first batches of mag cases for the max. Replacement case already has a big split in it after around 48hrs and zero drops.. these guys need to get their **** together for the price. [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Eric5964 macrumors regular

Eric5964

I have the Pitaka mag case for the Max and it fits just like all of my previous Pitakas. Not to tight and nothing splitting. Hope you get a good one soon, maybe you got a bigger phone?

3. Illmaculate macrumors member

4. Deathshead thread starter macrumors member

pic added.

5. doctor_fool macrumors newbie

doctor_fool

I am the manager of PITAKA.

I will ask my coworker to take care of your case and send you a new one without any flaw. Sorry for any inconveniences.

6. rperalta macrumors 6502

Any consideration for Pitaka to cover the top (just like the Apple case)? The open top and bottom is too much for me to swallow for scratches. I'm okay with the open bottom. Thanks!

7. Sarah-PITAKA macrumors member

Sarah-PITAKA

Hi @Deathshead ,

This is Sarah from PITAKA Team and thanks for updating us the issue.

Firstly, please contact us at support@ipitaka.com to get a replacement and we will ship you a Free MagCase soon.

Secondly, as @Eric5964 mentioned, actually there is deviation in iPhone manufacturing. Apple sometimes produces iPhone with some slight differences in size. The truth is, we will take the deviation into account when we run into the mass production and we will leave some space for the deviation. Like the iPhone Xs Max's dimension is 157.5x77.4x7.7 mm, apple could have finally produced some new iPhones bigger and the width could be 77.6mm, whilst we underestimate the deviation previously. So MagCase fits quite well on Eric's iPhone but didn't fit into your phone.

But please be assured that we already adjusted the new iPhone MagCase size to cooperate the deviation at the earliest time. Believe issues you mentioned won't occur anymore.

Awaiting your contact and anyone else have any further questions please feel free to reply here.

Thank you,
    Sarah,
    PITAKA Team
    --- Post Merged, Oct 1, 2018 ---
    Thanks for sharing your concern. If you would like to protect your phone against scratches in top&bottom, I'd suggest that you can choose the MagCase Pro instead of the MagCase.

8. doctor_fool macrumors newbie

doctor_fool

Sure, we are always open to feedbacks from clients and we would consider to follow up the opinions from clients. For now, you can choose MagCase Pro for more protection.